Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: General Community Quarentine (GCQ) May 1

1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    As a so-called elderly who doesn’t believe for a minute that quarantines are made MAINLY to protect them, I second your bahh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Deleted, just not worth a reply...Bahh

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Not when people are out acting like fools. I tried going to the grocery store and immigration yesterday and it seemed like everyone was out just p*ssing about. Many without masks, trikes and jeepneys packed, little to no social distancing, traffic was crazy, people in stores that could, by no stretch of the imagination, be considered essential...basically like there was no GCQ going on. I didn't even bother with the groceries or immigration and just bought some kimchi in bulk at Soban and headed home.

In the end I see the country heading to a lengthy martial law and a complete collapse of the economy. There is no way this country is disciplined, responsible or educated enough to act responsibly when given even the slightest bit of freedom. I personally don't agree with their goal of "eliminating" COVID-19. It just isn't going to happen through any legislation or actions taken by the Philippines government and the Philippines will play basically zero role in a vaccine development. The only thing they can do is close their borders to the rest of the world until a vaccine is developed and produced and then beg for it to be handed out to them (because I highly doubt they will be able to afford it if the government plans on preventing the massive percentage of their poor citizens from starving to death).

Personally, I think it is best to just let this play out without any quarantine in the Philippines. Heard immunity, IMO, is the only way forward for poorer countries like the Philippines. The death rate is likely much lower than 3%, especially for the people in the age groups that are actively contributing to the world/economy (below 65) or will be contributing in the near future. I just don't think it is right to destroy the economy and lives of everyone just to protect the elderly. But that's just my opinion, maybe there is a way that I'm not seeing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And there are the magic words. It took me 10 seconds to find this EO on the governor's FB page...that I provided a link to on this forum. This is NOT fake news. Goodbye.

The governor's FB page. I will post it in the appropriate thread.

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. fahr_side

fahr_side DI Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 23
    Every single elected official needs to lose his/ her job next election cycle. These clowns need to go, clean sweep.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Probably due to yesterdays stupidity when everyone went to town!

EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2020-29B
    May 5, 2020

AN ORDER REGULATING THE MOVEMENT OF INDIVIDUALS WITHIN THE PROVINCE OF NEGROS ORIENTAL DURING THE PERIOD OF GENERAL COMMUNITY QUARANTINE, AN ADDENDUM TO EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2020-29.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, ROEL R. DEGAMO, by the authority vested in me by law as the duly elected Governor of the Province of Negros Oriental, do hereby order:

SECTION 1. LIMITATION OF MOVEMENT. Under the Concept of General Community Quarantine, people are encouraged to STAY AT HOME, and only allowed to go out of residence under the following conditions:

a. To access essential goods and services;
    b. To work in a public or private establishment allowed to operate during the GCQ as provided for under Executive Order No. 2020-29, and the Omnibus Guidelines issued by the National Inter Agency Task Force (NIATF).

SECTION 2. EASY ACCESS PASS. To effect such limitation as provided for in Section 1 hereof, all City and Municipal Mayors in the Province are enjoined to direct their respective Punong Barangay to issue one (1) Easy Access Pass (EAP) per family.

The EAP shall be the basis for allowing one (1) member of the family, ages 21 years old to 59 years old, to go out of residence and access essential goods and services under the present disposition within the Local Government Unit (LGU) or from other LGUs within the Province.

The EAP shall be presented for inspection at designated road and/or boundary check-up points, and at courtesy booths upon entrance into malls, supermarkets, groceries, government and private offices, and other establishments and offices allowed to open during the GCQ. No EAP, No Access Allowed.

Working individuals only need to bring their company ID and/or Certificate of Duty Status, to be given access at designated Check-Up Points.

Non-working individuals are enjoined to stay at home.

SECTION 3. SCHEDULE. It is hereby established the following schedule for individuals to access essential goods and services in the City of Dumaguete:

a. Residents from Sibulan to Canlaon are permitted on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only.
    b. Residents from Bacong to Basay are permitted on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only.

For movement of residents within their respective localities, every Local Chief Executive may design a scheme to limit movement of people within the City or Municipality using the EAP, in compliance with this Order and the Omnibus Guidelines.

Sunday is a non-access day in the City of Dumaguete.

SECTION 4. INDISPENSABLE CONDITIONS. As a general rule, Minors (below 21 years old), Senior Citizens (60 years old and above), Pregnant Women, Immunocompromised and persons with comorbidities, and those living with the aforementioned are advised to STAY AT HOME. However, under indispensable conditions like living alone and/or without anybody to assist, they may be allowed access to essential goods and services outside of residence.

Leisure activities are strictly not allowed.

For those individuals belonging to the aforementioned group who are still working, they may request their offices to avail of a work scheme as may be provided under DOLE or CSC Guidelines.

SECTION 5. ENFORCEMENT. All City and Municipal Mayors, and Punong Barangays, PNP, PCG, BFP, and AFP shall enforce this Executive Order.

SECTION 6. PENAL CLAUSE. Individual violators shall be meted with the appropriate penalties as stipulated in local ordinances and/or pertinent national penal laws.

Criminal and/or administrative cases may be filed against any elected or appointed government official for violation hereof.

SECTION 7. REPEALING CLAUSE. The Executive Orders previously issued inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.

SECTION 8. EFFECTIVITY. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately and shall remain in full force until revoked.

Done this 5th day of May, 2020 in Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, Philippines.

SO ORDERED.

ROEL RAGAY DEGAMO
    Governor

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. btd

btd DI Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 1
    Was stopped at a checkpoint on Bacong-Valencia road. They are also checking cars for minors and seniors.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. fahr_side

fahr_side DI Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 23
    I’m all for strict implementation of social distancing rules and drinking in public usually ends up in that not happening. Alcohol ban down here only began to be strictly enforced after some bozos got to fighting in the street. But what I do in the privacy of my own home is my own f*cking business!

As for social distancing, it seems social amelioration is exempt or is of higher priority. Huge crowds at several basketball courts yesterday, jostling for their crumbs. Seems gatherings are okay, as long as no one is having fun. In that case they should open the sodding churches back up so they don’t ‘have to’ loudspeaker their bullshit at the whole town.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Besides the fact that he did not interpret the rules for dining establishments correctly, the IATF said it was okay as long as protocols, such as safe distancing, are in practice. I see no purpose in this except to claim a higher authority. As usual, to me, it is one step forward, two steps back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    No problem Bacong to Dumaguete at 9:00 this morning, just checked for mask. Coming back at 10:15 I saw checkpoint on break, no one checking. No issue getting a haircut or buying a steak and wine at deli by Bo’s and take out coffee at Starbucks. Wear mask

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1