Dumaguete Info Search

General Community Quarentine (GCQ) May 1

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by btd, Apr 28, 2020.

1. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I like the theory, but this virus just isn't deadly enough. It's the equivalent of doing your best to engineer the world's fastest car, but ending up with a Toyota Prius. Humans are a lot better at killing themselves than this virus suggests.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    But keep in mind that virus mutations follow the Darwinian rules of natural section; mutations that are more contagious but do not kill the hosts are the ones that survive. The virus dies with the host when interfering mitigation’s are not implemented. Common influenza is an example of a highly contagious virus that is much less likely to kill the host. My understanding is that SARS1 ended up this way as well however I don’t have the inclination to look up those cites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yes, exactly. Would an entity create a weapon that would kill everyone, including themselves, or only their enemies? This virus doesn't seem specific at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    THIS IS MAY BE FAKE NEWS :biggrin:
    There is a story going around that those locals who got the P6000 are now being asked by the DSWD for receipts on how they spent the money. Some spent it for new phones, Robinson movies for the family and eating out. Now they are going around the neighborhood asking for grocery, telephone and electricity receipts to show to DSWD. Evidently, the P6000 wasn't free money but had strings attached.

An other topic it was said Our Glorious Orange Leader couldn't have his name on checks from the U.S. Treasury. Since most of us "Yanks" have direct deposit we wouldn't know if Abraham Lincoln signed our "FREE MONEY" which I haven't received yet.

https://tinyurl.com/yclu4sgh

This is all the positive "Fake News" for today. :cigar:

shakey aka John

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well it was intended for the poor and you were supposed to be in a certain income bracket to receive. What were they doing wasting it on cell phones?

His signature wasn't on the check (I think, I just got a direct deposit) but I did receive a letter with the glorious leader's signature on it explaining that it was him who was responsible for the money in my account. It read like campaign literature. Pretty transparent and pathetic IMO.

6. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    To be fair, he gave full credit to the House and Senate and said his role was to sign their legislation into law, not that he alone was responsible. I guess they could have sent no letter at all but such is politics; he could have said something like “...despite the 10 day minimum delay introduced by the speaker to include unrelated funding such as $25 million to the Kennedy Center...etc.” but he didn’t, full credit was given to all,
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    As you said this is probably fake news since cell phone shops, movie theaters and restaurants were closed.

I struggle to understand the US politics. I think all budgets start in Congress. If the Democrats wanted that $25 million for the Kennedy Center how could it be held up. They have a majority.
    There was one Republican that insisted that all members of Congress return to the House to vote in person on a budget. It's sad that in a time of crisis those A**h.... can't set politics aside and do the job they were sworn to do.

Canadian politicians are not a whole lot better the only time they can achieve anything on a bi-partisan basis is when they improve their fantastic pensions or give themselves a raise.
    Last week the parties did get together to banned all assault rifles. Now my 22 cal 10 shot Ruger gopher gun is a "deadly weapon". The "assault rifle" ban was just a knee jerk reaction to the worst mass killing in Canadian history, 23 people.

8. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    Fascinating documentary about the virus:

Now I take everything I read or watch with a pinch of salt, but, if what's stated in the documentary is true, the US has a lot to answer for.

Well worth a look and draw your own conclusions........

9. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    The Americans..............no way..........they are the nation who brought peace to the world, the whole world, never put a foot wrong, the leaders of democracy, a democracy every country in the world should aspire to, peaceful loving educated, that only has the worlds best interest at heart, surely all this can be put on the "we did it/are doing it for you/we did it for you" on the we only care for you shelf

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I saw that video but I think and it appears to implicate various people working FOR certain US government agencies of much less grave violations (but not at the level of intentionally causing a pandemic) during the Obama administration but I’m sure many will use videos like this it to try to relieve the Chinese government of responsibility. After all, they would much prefer to make the evil United States a scapegoat and I can understand why people often think along these irrational lines. The Dr. is not claiming that the release was intentional by anyone; she claims that some scientists like Fauci are trying to profit from the virus release, as she claims Fauci and others have in the past. I have no opinion on that; I don’t know. She seems sincere, having apparently had her work stolen from her by established corporate researchers. Again, no opinion. Maybe true. I could believe her on that. She sure seems to believe it. To me, the video just adds to the conspiracy theories of the day by implication, not fact.Actual conspiracies exist sometimes as well but the video does not come close to establishing the theory presented by the interviewer as indisputable fact. Fauci has a low level of trust amongst the American people but: Dr. Fauci did not conspire with Bill Gates to infect the whole world so they could sell a vaccine. There is no conspiracy to hide the beneficial effects of hydrochloroquine; scientists are still testing the drug and as fast as the public wants the results, conclusions on its safety and efficacy are not established yet. This is not an established conspiracy either. Certain researchers may be guilty of illegal transportation of micro biology materials back and forth between the USA and China (under investigation) but nobody is saying these materials were covid or even generic Coronavirus themselves, just micro biological materials. If such materials were shown to be bio weapons, big problem fiir the university professor and other researchers themselves. That would be treason. But, more likely, it is the much more boring, benevolent scenario of vaccine development. It is still illegal to import/export such materials without a license. They were apparently careless while transport the materials in their luggage (but nothing dangerous apparently escaped). Such violations of import export laws generally happen in the interest of saving time, as I have read. I think the woman is very sincere but I think the interviewer presents a case that is beyond what she is actually claiming, if you watch it. Most likely, Fauci is a stockholder in medical companies that would benefit from research at the Wuhan lab, and he shouldn’t be holding stock in such companies because, in his position, that could be an actual or perceived conflict of interest *by an individual citizen*, not the government that he is a citizen if. But you say you think “the US” has a lot to answer for? I think China has a lot to answer for given their KNOWN coverup of the initial epidemic in Wuhan and anyone saying otherwise is just as bad as the propaganda arm of the China CPP who is now in a very embarrassing and defensive position. But think what you want, I believe the woman is telling the truth as she knows it but that does not implicate the US Obama administration or any other previous one under which most of this research occurred. Neither China nor the US had any interest in causing this pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: May 7, 2020