Dumaguete Info Search

General Community Quarentine (GCQ) May 1

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by btd, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    I simply shared the video because I thought it would be of interest to some people. I didn't say whether I agreed with the content of the video or not.

Personally I prefer to keep my opinions to myself, purely because I'm sure nobody here really cares what I think, and there are more than enough people here continually giving their "expert" opinions on every matter under the sun.

• Like Like x 2
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Interesting that this is out at the time she is publishing a new book....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/scientist-vaccine-jailed/

• Like Like x 1
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    You said “If the documentary is true, the US has a lot to answer for” so you yourself raised a significant question about a US conspiracy. I know, you are just speculating, not actually accusing the US of the grave misdeed you imply, you simply raise the question and I simply responded to your condition “if it is true” with my opinion that it is BS and gave my reasons. Cheers and don’t be self deprecating. My lengthy response in fact confirms that at least one person in this thread cares what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    They only have a majority in one house, not both. And both are needed for passage (a bicameral legislature here). Such measures are too minuscule by themselves to be acted on alone so they would not normally make it through committee. Instead, they are tacked on to larger legislation that the majority party endorsed. The majority party may actually oppose the small provision from the opposition but vote in favor of it anyway so as not to block the larger bill.

But a brief way to understand the makings of US politics today, and as I claimed in a separate posting, US politics today is not really republicans vs Democrats. It is globalist ideas versus nationalist populist ideas with a few (maybe 15% independents) in between.

In Canada (with all due respect) that battle was won long ago by your globalist interests. In the US the battle is still raging, with nationalist populism on top right now but a lot will be decided in our November election. That’s the way our Republic works as does yours.

Actually the Democrat speaker does not wish the representatives to return to DC in person, not sure why. Maybe covid. I doubt it though. She also rejects voting for House bills remotely due to the security issues, even with secure connections. This is the same person who thinks that voting for the President by mail does not have any significant security issues. That is probably why some Republicans , specifically, are insisting that the House returns. Democrats cannot publically oppose her.

She and Trump are in each other’s face all the time and we hope the next election will resolve that standoff one way or the other as well.

The more our two countries are different, the more they are the same.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  5. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Haha, I see we have another fan of the Stars and Stripes Forever. Although I am having sort of a hard time putting that all together as one comprehensive statement, I like your enthusiasm as you make your general sentiments about the American people very plain. One might suppose that you will not be applying for a green card to the land of immigrants anytime soon lol. No offense taken here. Salamat and Cheers.

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Ok you US haters, I have had enough of this crapola. You bring your people and I will bring my people and we will meet up at high noon tomorrow at the park across the street from Why Not. I am bringing Rocky, Walker Texas Ranger, Chuck Norris, and Joe Burrow.

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. Mark K

Mark K DI Member

Ratings:
    +362 / 106
    You're on. The Brits will be there. I'm bringing Jason Statham, James Bond, Vinnie Jones, Ray Winstone, Boudica, and Mr. Bean.

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. LENNY

LENNY DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +166 / 17
    OH NO NOT BEAN I AM NOT GOING !!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. djfinn6230

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Well, we know what happened the last time there was an altercation between the two powers

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    @PatO
    We will be sending Justin Bieber to represent Canada.
    It's pretty certain he will be killed but that's a sacrifice we are will to make.
    If he should triumph there's a good chance he will egg your house later.
    Don't underestimate use or we will have a history refresher about the War of 1812.

• Funny Funny x 6