Dumaguete Info Search

German national shot outside gie gies

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, May 18, 2019.

1. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +116 / -0
    You got my vote Rye 83

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,457 / -1
    Hmmm ...

3. dr ski

dr ski DI Member

Derelict
    Ratings:
    +493 / -0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Why can't we all just get along?
    But all joking aside, it's a sad situation when everyone here lives their lives and makes their decisions based on fear rather than hope. There's a thin line between caution and paranoia.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

Electronic Warfare
    Ratings:
    +12,214 / -11
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Optimism only gets you so far. It is those that prepare for as many possible outcomes as possible (both good and bad) that succeed the most. And if you are only looking to the possible good outcomes you are missing everything that can really screw up or even end your life.

It isn't fear, it's just common sense. And chances are you do it most of the time and don't even realize it. Defensive driving...that's continuously preparing for the worst possible outcome, there is no room for optimism there. I just take it further and apply it to crowds and interpersonal interactions and relationships. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. dr ski

dr ski DI Member

Derelict
    Ratings:
    +493 / -0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Of course I'm defensive most of the time. I'm just sayin' there's a thin line between defense and fear. I see that line crossed every day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +133 / -0
    I assume, you are both right, @Rye83 and @dr ski.

Defensive living for sure is advisable here, but if you think about it every minute chances are you get paranoid.

Live is worth nothing here. We should not forget that. Living in a third world country doesn't mean laying on the beach and drinking chilled beer all the time.

You have to find your own way to enjoy your life here. Be cautious, be carefully, live under the radar and be aware where you are living. But don't forget to celebrate and enjoy. Otherwise you really get crazy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1