Dumaguete Info Search

Gerry's On The Beach

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by Duma Dining/bar critic, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Quick update, the dogs have a 200 sq foot enclosure for their time during business hours. At night time they roam the beach and offer security for the restobar..

• Like Like x 3
  2. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    I've had the pleasure of visiting Gerry's On The Beach a few times over the past few months. Always a good experience. Agree with the many who say the pizza is great! The burgers are excellent as well. Kudos, Gerry!

3. Bruce

Bruce DI Member Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +172 / 10
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Pizza lovers try the blue cheese pizza. Thought it some what strange how ever we tried and so happy we did. Gerry explained he uses just 30% blue due to the strong taste and he has hit the nail. Be my pizza of choice in future.

Jerry not so good with serious disk problem, although he has his usual grin intact was sad to observe him hobbling about and in obvious pain. Wish him well with a speedy recovery.

4. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    I think the name for that blue cheese pizza is Margarita Pizza? Insane. If you like blue cheese and you like pizza this the deadliest (is that a word?) combination I have ever eaten! I admit that I used to have an issue with Gerry's crust but that has been addressed. The main part of a pizza is it's crust and he has mastered it! As good if not better than any other pizza I have eaten. I don't care where you go to for pizza in the Philippines, Canada, Australia, UK or the USA you will NOT find better pizza than Gerry's.

Your Filipino g/f will likely hate this pizza with a passion. Never mind her. Grab a cold beer and order your pizza anyway!

Gerry keep well and nurture your back.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I thought a margarita pizza was just a regular cheese pizza. I really like blue cheese on my pizza though (ham and blue cheese is pretty awesome). Look forward to trying that out at Gerry's.

6. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    To be honest I don't know the name of it for sure. I was drinking and I seem to forget things when I drink. I do think I saw some kind of Margarita Pizza though on his menu. I thought wow what kind of pizza is that? Anyway, that pizza with blue cheese added will attack all your taste buds in a big way. It goes great with cold beer. Your only a few steps from the China Sea there. Amazing view as you chug down a few beers. I love his dogs, but those dogs are the worst guard dogs I have ever seen! Freeloaders for sure, fat and lazy LOL.

7. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Retired Military Pilot / Fed Civil Service
    Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Exactly how do you get to Gerry's On the Beach?

Is it on the national highway between Dumaguete and Dauin? ... Or is it the other way on the national highway out past the airport?

Sign on the road so you don't miss the place?

What time do they open on Sundays?

thanks ....

8. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Gerry's is located South of Dumaguete. 6kms south of Robinson Mall heading towards Dauin. 2 kms past Bacong Market look for sign on your left, then head to the beach. 09082117077 if you get close ..open 8am every day except monday. thanks

9. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Thanks a bunch .... After my wife gets home from church, we might drive out there for something to eat and a few cold ones ...

Thanks,

10. Turbota

Turbota DI Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 18
    Well, my wife and drove out to Gerry's on the Beach today to check the place out ...

Really a nice place down on the beach. Very comfortable and clean. Lots of room so you don't feel cramped. Service was excellent and food was really good. Beer was cold!

Talked to the owner (Gerry) ... He is a real pleasant guy and even bought me my first SMB since it was my first time there.

I will say this .... The pizza was by far, the BEST I have had here in the Dumaguete area. I will venture to say that it's the best pizza I have had in the Philippines. The crust is not some frozen crap, but all handmade. The pizza is baked in a brick oven heated with wood. Gerry told me it's about 700 degrees F in the oven ... Anyway it makes the crust perfect! The sauce on the pizza is very good. Not some spaghetti sauce that comes out of a can or bag either. The cheese is not some of that nasty Filipino cheese I have had on other pizzas here in the PI ... it is very good!

Anyway, we will be returning for more!

Ron,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.