Dumaguete Info Search

How to Getting rid of old water heaters and faucets

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Edward K, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    We have one (maybe two) old water heaters that have developed an electrical problem, just shuts down after two seconds. Not the breaker, not the power, not cleaning, but something inside. We would like to GIVE it to someone, maybe you can fix it and use it or give to someone that can use it. (Also got some falling apart water faucets, hate to throw out)...

I can meet you somewhere around dumaguete, but will need your cell to complete the transaction (used this process in the states, filtered out the no shows (or most of them). You can block me after if you don't trust me)...

Was about to post this in the computer waste thread but thought i might get more response on a new thread....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Swissrider

Swissrider DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +132 / 28
    I think the best idea is to give this stuff away to a nearby filipino neighbor. They usually know shops who can fix and repair things like that. Once fixed they might use it themselves or give it to somebody who will be grateful to receive a free water heater.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Give? lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    'Give' is a word with many meanings. One meaning is 'to put into the possession of another for his or her use' and it implies no financial return. It is based on the concept of 'generosity'. Some concepts can just be beyond us to grasp and I can imagine you sitting there now, totally puzzled by this idea of 'giving for nothing back'. If ever we were to meet Mr R, I would sit you down, with a nice cup of tea (and perhaps a custard cream) and explain it to you slowly. Eventually you will get it .... I think? :unsure:

P.S. The tea and custard cream will be FREE ... I will be 'giving' them to you. Getting clearer already? :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Swissrider

Retired
    Ratings:
    +132 / 28
    No more questions. To give away for free seems to be an absurd idea for you. I should have known better and not giving this advice in the first place. If somebody wants money for a broken water heater then I know definetely for what reasons this person probably came to the Philippines.And you obviously as well. LOL. I wish you happy Holidays. I hope you have enough money for the the Christmas roast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It isn't an absurd idea to me. The idea is alien in impoverished countries where any method of making income needs to be taken advantage of. I wasn't commenting on you giving it away, good on you for doing so, I was commenting on you giving it away to the locals, them fixing it and then "giving" it away. The comment was made in jest as well so, there's that.

Work on your reading comprehension skills before talking smack. You obviously know nothing about me or the reasons I chose the Philippines.

Right...poor ol' broke me. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    'Swissrider' seems, as is apparent from other postings, to have an attitude problem. If I had a negative attitude I would hide it away and not bother to post here and irritate people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Swissrider

Retired
    Ratings:
    +132 / 28
    Wow, you really can’t take constructive criticism, can you. Don't be so sensitive. If you can't take it, go to a Sunday school. There everybody is nice to you. Negative attitude? Not really. But ok. I will not post any messages for a while. Happy ?

9. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Notice he specifically quoted this section.

Here's a timeline of what you have explained.

1. A Filipino neighbor has received the equipment.
    2. The neighbor has possibly fixed the equipment.
    3. The neighbor uses the equipment or gives it away for free.

To be fair, I had to read the post a couple times myself to "get it" before the other replies were posted. I think I was a bit tipsy though.

I would have to side with @Rye83 on this one. The giveaway would likely result in a "bid for me" post on FB. Who knows, this is the season for giving though. :wink:

What reason would that be? To get laid? It's a long trip, but from seeing how some of my friends have made out here, it seems to be worth it. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'll pass on the tea. If you have any rum to use for this training exercise I would be more than happy to try and come learn this "giving" concept you speak of.