Dumaguete Info Search

Bacolod getting to guimaras island from bacolod city

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by clownfish, May 5, 2009.

1. clownfish

clownfish DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    hi, guys! i really need your help. i'll be travelling to bacolod next month for only a few days and i'd like to visit guimaras as well. how can I get to guimaras from bacolod city? how long is the trip and how much would it cost? thank you so much for your help:smile:

2. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +31 / -0
    Far as I know there is no direct boat to Guimaras from Bacolod. I have relatives who do that trip fairly regularly (they have farms on Guimaras) and they go via Iloilo. Your hotel in Bacolod should be able to book the Iloilo portion for you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    You can take the express ferry (e.g. Weesam) from Bacolod to Iloilo city (about 250 pesos/person) and then a small banca from there to Guimaras-west side (25 minutes: 13 pesos/person).
    Or you take a bus from Bacolod to Pulupandan, where you can take a banka (45 min: 60 pesos/person) to arrive at the east side of Guimaras.
    At arrival at the east side you can take a minibus or jeepney to go to the other side(s) of the island.
    The first option is the easiest.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    clownfish

clownfish DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    thanks, jellyfish

thank you for your reply. i guess i have no other choice but to take the fast ferry to iloilo. thank you. have you been there? do you have any suggestions as to the nicest place to stay and visit in guimaras? thanks again.

5. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    yes

Clownfish, yes....colleague Jellyfish :smile: has been there some times.
    My honneponny comes from Guimaras, so once every few months I join her on her trip to her parents and family.
    I have not been to all places there. So far I am not really impressed about what I have visited.
    It surely was for me not a place to stay, but that is very personal. For me too rural and too difficult to get (good) materials.
    I have heard others however who like it there. It is certainly nice to drive around across the island because the scenery is ok.
    What I do like VERY much is their mango's. We have a lot of mango's here at our place but they can't compete with those growing on Guimaras.
    Yammi !

6. Blaze_Pontaine

Blaze_Pontaine DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    has anybody taken the pulupandan to guimaras boat? can it accomodate a motorcycle?

7. London3

London3 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I did. they take 100 peso only