Dumaguete Info Search

Girl-Type Questions

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Jessica, Aug 20, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Jessica

Jessica DI Member

Graphic Design/Photographer/Social Media Marketing
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    No offense but I'm hearing exactly what wrye83 said...double standards....
    The man I met is a very good man, has worked from a very young age, has another child from a wife that cheated on him, funny enough....he's 100% non-violent, quiet, and shy. When I first met him, I was certain I didn't want to be in a relationship with him...I much prefer the 'bad boys', and I personally prefer a more dominant man......but like I said, he's really grown on me and he's a sweet guy.
    I've been through a lot in my life (yeah, I'm a spring chicken to most folks here, I know) and I feel like it might be time to hang the holsters for a while. Sure, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't......I honestly don't expect much, from my track record, but why not explore the softer side of living for a while, eh?

And I know you men are as straight as buttons on a dress shirt, so I'll just let ya know.....Filipino men might not have a good rep for behaviour, but sweet lord save me, are they good lookin'.
    I am a fan of the country's inclinations to go shirtless a lot of the time. haha!

2. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Reason I hit agree, was #1-6 of benefits of Citizenship(most were tongue in cheek)and I appreciate that sense of humor. What I should have commented on was the comment about "old foreigners popping out kids". I'll do that now. Their is no double standard that I have experienced, to a person that I have come to know only thru this forum, those "old foreigners" have espoused values of doing all they can to ensure that their Asawa and anaks have a better life for themselves after their passing. I have seen no evidence of boasting they have "popped" out kids with a younger woman. I tip my hat to those men with those values.

3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I know there are some good looking Filipino guys, I was thinking I could fix my would have been brother in law up with a 300 pound American woman who worked in Real Estate pulling down $300k a year to give her the best 5 years of her life before he took half, but he wasn't even tempted.:smile:

4. tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Can she cook? LOL

5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I doubt it but she can afford a maid who can.

6. tomtorific

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    When my stomach stops rumbling, I'll pm you.

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Correct!

Here is the oath of citizenship;

I, (name), solemnly swear that I renounce absolutely and forever all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, and particularly to the (country of citizenship), of which at this time I am a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Philippines and that I will obey the laws, legal orders and decrees promulgated by the duly constituted authorities of the Commonwealth of the Philippines; and I hereby declare that I recognize and accept the supreme authority of the United States of America in the Philippines and will maintain true faith and allegiance thereto; and that I impose this obligation upon myself voluntarily without mental reservation or purpose of evasion. So help me God.[SUP][1]

[/SUP]
    Here is the oath for dual citizens under RA9225;

I, (name), solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines and obey the laws and legal orders promulgated by the duly constituted authorities of the Philippines; and I hereby declare that I recognize and accept the supreme authority of the Philippines and will maintain true faith and allegiance thereto; and that I imposed this obligation upon myself voluntarily without mental reservation or purpose of evasion. So help me God.[SUP][2][/SUP]

But then there is this;

B. ELEMENTS OF RENUNCIATION

A person wishing to renounce his or her U.S. citizenship must voluntarily and with intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship:

1. appear in person before a U.S. consular or diplomatic officer,
    2. in a foreign country (normally at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate); and
    3. sign an oath of renunciation
    Renunciations that do not meet the conditions described above have no legal effect. Because of the provisions of Section 349(a)(5), U.S. citizens cannot effectively renounce their citizenship by mail, through an agent, or while in the United States. In fact, U.S. courts have held certain attempts to renounce U.S. citizenship to be ineffective on a variety of grounds, as discussed below.

Renunciation of U.S. Nationality

So while technically one does renounce their US citizenship to gain Philippine citizenship, the US does not consider this as a valid renouncement of citizenship. In order for a renouncement of US citizenship to be considered valid, one must do it in front of a consul and pay the $500 fee.

Larry

8. OP
    OP
    Jessica

Jessica DI Member

Graphic Design/Photographer/Social Media Marketing
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    waaait wait.

America is a supreme authority in the Philippines????
    So basically they still own this country??

9. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Hi Jessica,
    America have never owned the PI.
    Look upon it this way, $500 fee and a renouncement in front of a Consul, is like a second chance to change your mind.
    " Marry in haste repent at leisure" comes to mind.

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086

Not sure Simple mind would agree with you! :wink: LOl, nor the BOI but you could inform them, when you do your Next Extension

I guess you meant to post this in "Where is the Humour on Here." :cool:

Keep them jokes, a Cummin lady, I ain't laffed so much in ages. :rolleyes:

JP