Dumaguete Info Search

Give senior citizen discounts or go to jail

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by DavyL200, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Hope a great Lawyer in the Philippines reads that article and can (pro bono) the case to have the man released. Than sue for the incarceration!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Considering this case goes back to 2011 and has only now, raised it's head. Personally, I can't see this happening any time Soon. Can you?

As Dustin said, there will be more to this than meets the eye, :wink:

JP:bag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The judge actually quoted the law in the article:
    There is something missing from the article. It just doesn't make any sense. The defense clearly states that the senior was getting discounts (or "incentives") greater than the senior citizen discount and then the judge goes on to confirm that that is in the law but says that the businessman's argument prohibiting double discounts was “misplaced”. It might have had something to do with a technicality....the owner did call them "incentives" and not "discounts". I think that the businesses status as a cooperative has something to do with the confusion. I'm not sure what the word "cooperative" actually means in the context of this guy's business.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1