Dumaguete Info Search

Electronics & Appliances Best Posts in Thread: Globe at home

1. reich31e

reich31e DI Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 12
    I can recommend it....since Sept. 20, 2018 no Internet interruptions and 20+ Mbps, the last 2 Weeks every day 25 Mbps...Location Sibulan and the connection is just across our House

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Your location is going to be what determines your service quality with any ISP. If they have oversold their bandwidth, which is very common, the service is going to be crap. You also may have great service at first but find that later they have sold more bandwidth than the lines/towers can handle which causes your speeds to go to sh*t.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Well, that's the problem. Where I live there is no fiber or any other cable, I'm relying on wireless so it seems that Globe at home is the only solution take it or leave it. The good thing is, now that we have WiFi, my wife can use her smartphone to its full extend. Thanks you all for your input.

• Like Like x 4
  4. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It's 300GB monthly

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I live in Valencia we were on Globe before switching to PLDT Fiber for TV, Phone land line and internet all on one fiber line. The trouble we had with Globe was they would cut off our service even tho the bill was paid on time and if they cut off on a Friday night we had no service until the next week day. They did this to us 6 or more times before PLDT got the fiber up here. There were a couple of time I went to their office and threatened to disassemble their office. I also had the wife standing by with bail money. No problems with PLDT that was not taken care of over the phone, day or night 24-7. d*mn the cost just really glad to get rid of Globe.:cheeky::drool:

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Before we were on Globe post paid High Speed Broadband through the phone line (not direct fibre) it ran around 13 -15Gbs most days cost P1, 890 a month... .excellent speed for out purposes but the only thing with Globe
    is it goes off for odd periods most days 10-30mins which is a pain in the @ss.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I had globe for 3 years, waist of time IMO. Got PLDT Home Fibre never had a problem great speeds paid for 20 Mbps getting around 20/28 Mbps

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. reich31e

reich31e DI Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 12
    sorry, a mistake....it's 20Mbps speed of course and unli data, no data cap

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. reich31e

reich31e DI Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 12
    I have PLDT Home Fibr 20GB unlimited for 1.899P....check the PLDT Website they offer 20GB unli for 1,899P incl. Phone....I've signed up 3 Month ago...they have also Promo when you switch from another Provider to them....just check the PLDT Website for HomeFibr

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Both WIMAX and LTE fit that description. WIMAX was an old globe service that was pretty great (no data caps at all). Unfortunately they ended that plan some years ago and forced everyone on it to switch to their capped LTE service.

• Agree Agree x 2