Dumaguete Info Search

Globe issues?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by DavyL200, Oct 1, 2016.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Os anyone having issues with globe at the moment,ours is total sh*t. Had the tech guys here today and changed router and messed about but nowt different,no streaming of anything!
    Been like this for around a week now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    My Globe DSL has been crap for months. I pay for "up to 7 Mbps", but routinely get 20 Kbps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    No problems here (calayugan, Valencia), 5mbps plan working as advertised. Using Netflix every evening without a hiccup.

4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I have been having problems for about a month with Globe. I first got a notice saying “there were technical problems (not billing problem, as my GF kept asking did you pay the bill, yes I am 300 P ahead of them) with my computer” and to call them. I did call them, which is like yelling down a dry well hole, looking for the satisfaction of some moisture on your lips. They said they would text me back in two hours, never heard from them again but the internet seems to work better. Slowing the internet got slower, until it was essentially not working. I decide to have my computer tech; look at my computer… could be viruses. She came and said no viruses. She had tested my computer, and said no problems, it is the internet. So I decided to call Globe again, but this time I had my computer tech here, to handle my part of the call.She gets on the phone, probably knowing more than the Globe phone jockey, and he finally decided to send someone out, giving me the instructions that they would call me in 4 hours or MORE…. I think the means forever. No call again. Well after no calls or texts, two guys show up about 9 AM the next morning. The conversation started with, you never keep a promise I received no call or text. I suggested they go outside and wait for 4 hours or MORE until I decided to call them back in the house, but they did not like that suggestion, but understood my complaint. We proceeded with interaction from that point. I was gentle respectful but also firm and not particularly likable, :rage: .They ran a speed test on their computer….0.45. I had them write it down, and sign that I had only .45 which is below their 60% acceptable standard, so they can say “not our problem”. After two hours they could not solve the problem but said they would return. I left, so my pinoy GF could handle the problem. Later that afternoon they returned, with two others for backup, who kept the chairs seats warm and convinced my pinoy GF it was my computer’s fault. Of course pinoy to pinoy to foreigner, it is always the foreigner’s problem. Ok, I get my tech back on line and she is going to come, but reiterates it is not a computer problem….. But behold the system is working now prior to her coming and touching my system, and nothing was ever done to my computer. So where was the source of the problem? The two original Globe technicians told my GF they did not get upset with my behavior on the first visit because they have experienced much worst… so I guess they have experienced some of the other guys on the forum.:o o:

Moral of the story: Be prepared to have them tell you it is your problem not theirs. They have a cheat sheet of excuses why they are never wrong while on the phone. Have your arguments ready that it is their problem. Document in writing and pictures all that happens while they are at your house so you can go for refund. However if you time is worth more than 12 P an hour it may not be worth sitting and waiting for the refund at Globe.

Strategy: SKY just wired the area. I will probably buy their services and run parallel systems to see which is best. I had Sky about 5 years ago at my first place and it worked fine. Globe seems to be just one continuous problem. Anyone with SKY experience I would appreciate information. I will post the results on the forum. Of course this will only be for my neighborhood.

I had an Australian friend couple move to Thailand, and first comment is the internet works here. The wife was doing online internet phone sales and their internet bill here was over 6,000 P a month, as they were buying the best they could get, it was still not as good a what they got in Thailand.

Suggestion to Duterte: start killing the internet provider scumbags and leave the druggies alone. The improved economics of the country due to a workable internet system will generate enough money to build rehab centers for those millions of druggies you do not know what to do with.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    Mine was exactly the same, for a week....last monday started slowing for a few days, then went to complete crap.....Then saturday morning started working perfectly...i didnt do anything at this end....... was looking at trimming the neighbours tree, but was still contemplating when it come good....... so the problem was definitely at their end....Globe= nosebleed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All phil internet services = nosebleed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It's a bit of a weird prob really we have,Facebook and this site load well amongst a few others. It streaming anything online which is the problem,can't be bandwidth as still on unlimited plan of 15 gig every 24 hours and we never use this much.
    Talked to a mate who lives about 300m away with the same plan and all is fine with his. Let's see what the tech guys say later when they get here but my bet is its their issue.

7. julie

julie DI New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Been experiencing intermittent connection lately too. :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Very interesting that Globe works better on Siquijor than in Dumaguete. On Siquijor the line in the resort was very stable and reliable. In Dumaguete in 4 hotels near of Robinson all internet accesses was not working or was very unreliable.

One question I have is about how to find out how the internet access is in a specific area prior of buying a home in Neg Or? A reliable internet access is necessary for me.

9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    My Globe system seems to heading right back to the same state, of intermittent reliability, that I previously experienced..

10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    The most consistent and reliable connection I have had here continues to be my mobile data connection. And that's easy to test in different areas before you buy. It's maybe not the best option if you have high bandwidth usage and it's not the fastest option (I require consistency over speed anyways). And I can run both Smart and Globe so that I always have a backup.

• Like Like x 1