Dumaguete Info Search

Globe issues?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by DavyL200, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,361 / 1,256
    Just for interesting sake. Try the speed from Georgia to Dumaguete.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Can we take it that is Georgia in the US and not Georgia In The Russian Area?
    Just asking cos the IT people may not know

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would like to see those results as well but I can't seem to figure out how to select a Globe server from my phone. Closest I can get is Hong Kong.
    Screenshot_20161028-161633.png

4. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Well they just got me too. Sometime late yesterday afternoon my connection tanked. Soooo much fun waiting two minutes to open a thread, two more minutes to load the thread, two more minutes....zzzzzzzzzz

5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I think I figured out my issue having dropped from 5mbps to 120-240 kbps. Seems when they installed my antenna they secured it to the pole, and the pole to the exterior wall, but only tight enough so the pole stays vertical, it turns rather easily and with the wind we have had the last few days the directional antenna isn't pointing in the correct direction any more. They are supposed to be back tomorrow to fix it, fingers crossed. I plan on marking the pole and the wall so I can realign it if it happens again. Might want to check your antenna direction.

6. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yup, that was it. Globe just left, antenna was pointing 90 degrees off where it should have been. They tied it in place so tight the pole is bending a bit. If it ever happens again I now know what direction to point it in. Back to 5mbps down and 1.2mbps up. Next is getting moved off the 5mbps p1,599 plan and onto the new 10mbps p1,299 plan.

7. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I think they like for you to move to a more expensive plan but resist going the other way. New subscribers only or so they say?

8. AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OK, charges me p1,000 to "upgrade" from 5mbps p1,599/mo to 10mbps p1,299/mo so I will be ahead money wise starting in March but I have double the download speed now. Also have 6 months free Netflix promo. speedtest.net on auto select showed 9.2 mbps and Speed test - how fast is your internet? | DSLReports, ISP Information showed 6.5 mbps to Tokyo, not bad for noon on Sunday I think.

9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    You are the first I have ever heard of in the Philippines where they allowed you to move to a better plan for less money. Did you get a receipt for that 1k?

10. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    We also moved to a better plan p1,999 3meg to p1,599 5meg unlimited usage a few years back.

• Informative Informative x 1