Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Globe Router with WIFI

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    He is in Davao though. Smart LTE coverage is pretty crappy in Dumaguete but there are areas that have it. You can forget about it in Valencia....probably not in Bacong, Sibulan or anywhere else outside the city limits at this point either.

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I live just outside Dumaguete city limits and have Smart lte with an external antenna.

As I already posted, around 7 months ago when I started, the download ranged on average 15 to 21mbps. But it steadly declined to 2 to 5mbps with the reliablity rate less than 50%. In the first few months it was fairly reliable, around 90% of the time.
    Before I installed the antenna I had 2 bars signal strength and now 4 with much more reliablity. Still get an average 2 to 6mbps with occasional late night up to 14mbps

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank you very much. Good Info!

DaveD:thumbsup:

4. DaveD

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks, Good
    info to know if I am ever in the need. Eventually I plan on settling down somewhere and may be in area not covered by Sky or Phil whatever...

5. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    I got the same Huawei B593 LTE router since Februari. Got 2 Grid antenna's on my roof with mostly 4 bars of signal in PLDT/Smart.
    Speeds with SMART started at 20Mbps up and down, but lately its more 2Mbps...

I do all the tricks, change sim cards, change APN's. 4 AM i would still get 14Mbps but between 4pm and 11pm it sucks like all internet here...
    I got a whole collection of sim cards, Smart Buddy, Smart Jump In, Smart Bro LTE.... The signal is good enough for aroudn 30Mbps i am sure but i guess there are to many LTE devices in town already.

Just switched this week to a PrePaid TATTOO LTE card. I allways use Globe in my cell phone and saw better speedtest in town. Still no LTE signal here in Camanjac so the grid antenna's still very usefull but i think i should re-aim them on a globe tower again. Now getting 3Mbps daytime on the globe card also but much better connection for my VOIP calling. Since we have a shared DSL Globe also, i only use the LTE for VOIP calling.

I am so close of jumping on the 10mbps contract with PLDT Ultera. I hate having contracts here, coz mostly a contract is more reasons for headaches.

Somebody here got experience with PLDT LTE Ultera? Or GLobe LTE at Home?

6. PIfan

PIfan DI Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 9
    I also have the 593 router and one of the Yagi antennas and am ordering a dual sma connector indoor antenna. I am in Zamboanguita and am just tying out different configurations. There is a guy I know who sells the unlimited Globe sims postpaid at 1.8k a month, unlimited as in no data caps and its a 2 year contract. the routers are 5k. Will have it all nailed down soon but any of the ISP's change their signaling and you can never get consistent speeds so all we can do is hope. I just love doing banking or credit card transactions and the internet drops to nothing

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. DaveD

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks to all who posted here in this thread. The more info I have when setting up my internet the better. All inputs are appreciated!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Was in sibulan today, got a whopping 40Mbps down and 10Mbps up!! in my cell phone on Globe pre paid.
    I will re-aim 1 antenna to sibulan wich is exact the same distance to the PLDT Calindagan tower i use now. Just need to find a monkey to climb the roof again...

So i can choose to use Globe or Smart, allways on prepaid so i can switch with one i like to use. There service is never constant. Now the Smart Bro works good also.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Hi Pat . Its Carl and yes I'm here in Dumaguete just for a short time though . Pat can you tell me what is the fastest best WiFi available here in Dumaguete and the costs , if you know . Thanks my friend . Hopefully we will get to meet someday soon .. Unfortunately before I can move here permanently I need to get a couple of back surgeries taken care of . Anyway , thanks Pat and wish you the best always .... Regards ..... Carl

10. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    My hero's!

Re-aimed one to Sibulan, and the other still on Calindagan.

20Mb/s + on globe pre paid from Sibulan. Let's hope i will stay like this. Not the 40Mb/s i get standing next to the tower but i am a happy camper!

2015-10-16 15_40_17-Photo - Google Photos.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1