Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Globe Router with WIFI

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by PatO, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    lol Holy crap! That guy has some cajones. I'm sure the guy at the bottom would have caught him had the pole snapped. :hilarious:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I know this thread has been quiet for a while but so much info I thought I would continue rather than start new.

Moved to Bacong last week only to find out I'm in a Globe new account freeze zone and pldt is a p50,000 line run down the road before they are an option. So...

What model Huawei B593 LTE are you guys getting (u-12 or s-22)? How does it work with a tattoo prepaid 4G or LTE? What about kind of antenna?

Last but not least, where are you guys buying them?

Thanks

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    This is a copy n paste from Here is some good news I posted,

I have had Smart LTE for over a year with mostly good speed over 6 to 20mbps. around 2 weeks ago they statred capping my usage, around 1am it would be fast and by moning down to 0.05.

A good friend of mine told me to buy a Kickstart sim pack. now after over 18 hours downloading a big movie and youtube all night here is my speed.
    Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

Sometimes things get better....

Update.
    As of now they do throttle me after a lot of downloading (re set's around 1am), but only the download, everything else still works very fast. I buy a Smart e-load then register to Surfmax.

I live close enough to the airport to receive the signal from that tower, I was told that they have 6 LTE towers working now but not sure where.

4. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    They have been providing these as the normal for years as you say, at least 4-5 years since they started. The cost is usually an additional fee for the first few months of some few hundred peso's more a month until paid off. This doesn't mean you own it though!

The catch is their wifi routers are really trash for residential and just slightly better for business. The settings are also a nightmare and don't allow much customization as well for your wifi. But in the end it beats paying 3-4k peso's for a good one for most people that it doesn't matter so much.

5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Where did you purchase your router and antenna? What model Huawei B593 LTE did you get (u-12 or s-22)? How can I find out who has the best speed towers in Bacong?

I am only familiar with wired setups, this is the first cell-router-wifi setup for me and I don't have a good enough connection here to research better.

6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    If you have to do your own research, I would go to town and do it on my phone, that is why I have a big phone, or you could go to an internet café. If you need an internet café, I recommend the one at Whynot as they had a pretty good connection, when last I was there you get an hour for the cost of a drink. I had the double expresso. I would do the research for you but I don't know your issues, whether you are trying to optimize for Globe or Smart.

7. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    My router is a Huawei cpe B593-1. I would be willing to bring my router to your place and see if it works there. If you like the idea shoot me a PM and we can work out the details.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Pm sent with my cell number.... Ron

• Like Like x 1
  9. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Are those rain clouds? :smile:

10. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Never mind my previous post about my good internet, they have now gone to shite. Smart Lte now throttles me so fast weather I use it or not.

I have been unplugging my router before the speed comes up around 1am. Now the next morning when my daughter plugs it in and goes on line, it throttles within 30 minutes of watching youtube. Yuck!!!!!

At an average speed of 0.04 mbps I can still open DI but not much else.