Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Globe

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by charlyB, Jun 1, 2021.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 333
    We moved from Bacong to Valencia in 2018 and at that time had Globe broadband and landline, we asked them to transfer the service but they said not possible for whatever reason and we have to pay a fee for breaking our contract if we don't continue to pay for a service they cant supply.
    Now 3 years on i received an e mail from a debt collection agency demanding PHP 4,600 within 5 days or we will be taken to court.

They will go to court for PHP4,600 ??

2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Organisations with loads of cash will take even small cases to court - as much a deterrent as to receive the cash.

I seems unreasonable to penalise someone if the organisation is unable to provide the service where a customer moves to - but, on the other hand, they could argue that case for someone moving outside the country (but with little chance of getting their cash!).

In all legal cases, it is best to weigh up the potential downside - losing the case and having to pay the cash alleged to be owed, plus interest, plus legal costs (possibly for plaintiff as well as defendant), any difficulties with future Contracts. In a country where the law (or its implementation) is skewed in favour of locals (private and business), that needs to be taken into account.

The use of the DTI, as covered in other threads, seems a first good step.

3. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 333
    Yesterday i caved in and decided just to pay up and avoid any future hassle, that's when i discovered that now you cant just pay Globe with cash across the counter, you have to pay at a machine that will only take paper money AND this is the best bit it gives no change. :greedy:
    I don't know how long ago this started because as i said in my original post we have not been a customer there for 3 years but the end result was that we had to pay P6.53 more than our bill was.
    Say your bill was P2001 then the smallest note you can use is P20 so that's P19 into the abyss.
    I think they know i am not going to take them to court for P6.53 :grumpy:
    Was this machine brought in because they don't trust their staff to handle cash or so they could steal everybody's change ? either way its sad.
    Its more fun in the Philippines

• Like Like x 2
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,379 / 1,261
    In these times of Covid-19, restricted movements and generally not much to do, you could turn this into a hobby.
    Contact Globe via their internet website at least once a day. Call their toll free number (this could backfire if you have a Globe Sim, they could kill it).
    Contact the collection agency via email asking for your money back. If they don't want to accommodate your request you could engage them to collect your P6.53 from Globe. Hell that is their business.

You could have a bit of fun with Globe.

• Like Like x 1