Dumaguete Info Search

Gone for 8 hrs and problems already!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Mighty Mouse, Jul 15, 2014.

1. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Have to agree on that JP , most annoying and aggravating , apart from the betray of trust , is that this person has printed and distributed personal information about some of us from the forum , and I know that from my profile anyone would be able to identify me and my family and also where I live .

Admin of the forum have acted with total duty of care in regards to this , and are not at fault in any way .

But the person that took the information is at fault , and has broken the law by doing so , I would suggest that they look up the law on this just so they realise the severity of their actions , fine can be up to 4 million pesos , jail can be up to 8 years , online personal information theft , Republic Act No. 10173 :wink:

Alternatively they can just PM me and I will relay the information to them :D

Tony

2. niskivich

niskivich DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tony,
    I was gone for a while and missed some parts of this detective story...could u pls explain what goal The X Man was trying to reach by this distribution?
    Ty

3. oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Possibly just trying to stir up a massive s%!t storm as a poorly attempted vendetta in retaliation to comments made and possible turmoil in dealing with rejection , really difficult to explain why anyone would do what they done unless they just plain hated those that they betrayed , you really need to read the now "unavailable" thread to be able to have an understanding of the whole story , as that thread has been removed because of what "said" person done , I can't go into specifics without re-inventing the thread here , which would likely and most certainly result in my arse being kicked .

Tony

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    My suggestion is we just drop the subject. No use trying to prosecute and probably have to fight a counter prosecution where only the local lawyers come out ahead. Also, the forum itself could be pulled into a mess as well. We know what happened was illegal, but it did expose the barrio before perhaps a worse situation might occur.

5. oztony

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Good idea Pat , before we see another thread started "Back for 8 hrs and problems still here"

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's very much possible. The current program that I have cannot hack your https connections (bigger sites like Facebook and Google now have these options set to default I believe but the vast majority of websites don't), but I know there are programs out there capable of hitting the https. Wifi is inherently insecure, which is why the military and the private sector dealing with sensitive data is very strict about no wifi policies on their networks. (you can forget about placing any thumb drives in government computers as well; the damage a simple key logger could to do sensitive data would be catastrophic. God help you if you get caught placing any USB into a gov computer....I got caught putting a USB device into one when I was a private. Jesus, that was a horrible experience...and it was ONLY a gaming controller to play Mario Bro. Almost lost my clearance for that.)

I doubt most here know what Watchdogs is (a video game about hacking) but this video very briefly describes how insecure our data really is. You should take note this is what the civilian world has come up with, the military/government's capabilities far exceed what is shown here.

[video=youtube_share;MJLpfQ4X4Ok]http://youtu.be/MJLpfQ4X4Ok?list=UUwmFOfFuvRPI112vR5DNnrA[/video]

No matter what you do online and how secure you think you are, there is always someone who could figure out what you are saying and who you are if they were motivated enough. I'm no conspiracy theorist and I'm not worried about "big brother"...just a warning about how insecure your data really is.

• Like Like x 1