Dumaguete Info Search

Good Brown Bread - where in Dumaguete ?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by paul-angie, Apr 6, 2012.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Robinson's is also hit and miss on Gardenia wheat bread. So what I do is buy their white and put enough peanut butter on it until it looks brown, so far it works.....

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. moveingon

moveingon DI Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2
    call Oneal at 09186028523 He charges P60 for a kg. loaf. He lives across from the Cong's down town. His house has a red double gate with two buzzer buttons on the Rh side of the gate. He sells it on Tu.afternoon and Thursday all day and some times on Fri.

Good luck

3. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Is there anyone in town who makes sliced whole wheat or brown bread.. The last bunch of Gardenia I got was smashed up,, think one of the guys in the truck sleeps on it.. Nothing worse than trying to make a decent sandwich and all the ingredients are hanging out the sides because the bread is 30% smaller. It affects my little business..

4. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    The best bread I have found anywhere is the whole grain bread of "Nona's Kitchen", available at a kiosk in the basement of Lee Plaza.

And I do mean anywhere, excellent stuff. The wheat bread is good too, both are very large loaves.

Edit; You can contact Nona directly at 09173021849

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is the German Bakery near Mandaue Foam and opposite the Hypermarket . He bakes very good Wholewheat bread. Also Wholewheat with Multigrains (has some white flour in it though), and Wholewheat Dark Rye.

The Why Not deli and Octogon coffee shop are worth checking too.

Healthy eating!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Sorry can't help with where to buy but I had your tuna sandwich and fries last week. Yup the tuna squirted out of the sides but loved every bite! Well done!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Although many of the slices are not very big, my firm favourite is AMPALAYA WHEAT BREAD from the bakery in Lee Plaza.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    I agree with the others about the bakery in Lee Plaza. It's the only place I've been able to find good freshly baked English muffins. Their croissants and other breads are also equally good. If you know their schedule you can get there just when the fresh baked breads are out of the oven. I know that for the English muffins the best time is about 3PM for a new fresh batch. I find that sitting in the cafe enjoying one of their coffee beverages and watching the busy people come and go is an enjoyable pastime while waiting for the new fresh batch of breads to arrive.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tis me

tis me DI Member

Ratings:
    +196 / 45
    Since we are on the topic of bread I went to the rolling pin this morning looking for French bread, I did not see any on display so I asked the counter person. No sir don't have but we have French toast same same. '' God bless her sweet little heart''

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    You also find very good brown bread / whole grain at the french bakery near Octagon in Bacong, great quality, also Ludwig's bakery opposite Hypermart in Duma, highly recommended.

• Agree Agree x 2