Dumaguete Info Search

Good Morning People/Wife is Shopping

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by oztony, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    LOL One WOULD THINK so! :rolleyes:

Have you tried to phone Medicare mate? I am TRYING to connect my Medicare and Centrelink etc to MyGov, everytime I try to phone Medicare I am told in a recorded message that there are too many incoming calls try later then they hang up on me, this has been going on the past 3 weeks now! I got onto MyGov who phoned me back, obtained EVERY conceivable piece of information from me including Mother's Maiden Name, Licence Number, Medicare Number, Pension Number, Phone numbers, old Landline Number, how much I receive Fortnightly etc etc etc and after a good 30 + minutes, by the end I even informed the Lady that my last bowel movement was around 8pm the night before! :D lol I was informed that they did not have enough information on me to satisfy the requirements to sign me up so I will need to go into Medicare (PITA to do!) and get them to do it. O-|

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Damned Automated Insurance and all things, Customer service Phone lines !

Brian, I have been Trying to Contact Phil Am Insurance. Can't get through, Azon will Pop over Lunch time to inquire about Nationality Acceptance. If you have Outlook on your PC try the inquiry link on the web Page.

Trying here for you.:smile:

JP

3. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks mate, great suggestion... :o (I will copy the email link and send thru Webmail lol)
    Some days the ol brain doesn't do too much thinking :rolleyes:

I DO have Gmail, I gave up on all that Outlook stuff years ago, too much of a PITA! :p

At least with Webmail I can access it anywhere in the world, that is of course;
    IF you REMEMBER your list of Passwords, otherwise, you spend 6 weeks with absolutely NO online contact like I did last Christmas!! O-| ARGGH!!

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086

:eek: was this a password you forgot ARGGH!! :rolleyes:

5. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Doesn't quite work that way gang...If you are out of Australia for over 5 years...you're ineligible for Medicare until you set up a home again in Australia - and prove it.... and have severed financial and physical ties with the country, or countries, you were previously living in - and prove that as well. I distinctly remember a case of an Australian who came back after many years in the Philippines with a bad dose of cancer that was untreatable in the Philippines (not sure if that was because of cost or medical ability/facilities). Anyway Medicare fobbed him off and said he wasn't covered. It was on TV and created a bit of a stink with Medicare so I'm hoping they caved in but I really don't know. Anyway a couple links with the...'rules'

Eligibility for Medicare Card

Medicare enrolment for returning residents

6. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
  7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
  8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That is how it was explained to me mate, once I leave, I get nada! I receive a part pension minus the Pharmaceuticals and concessions etc IF I am approved to move abroad and Portal my Pension, which I should hopefully hear back from the International branch of Centrelink sometime early to mid October... *Fingers Crossed*

I KNOW I am taking a risk, but I am hoping it will be a gamble that will pay off as my lifestyle here IS slowly killing me, I am hoping once I am back eating healthy foods, getting more exercise and sunlight than I am getting here, I can begin to drop the weight, which in turn will be a health bonus in itself.

I just need to know my limits and realise I am no longer a young bloke and that I cannot do many things I could once do, hence; 'the mind is willing but the body', well; if I was a 4 legged Mammal I am SURE I would have died from Lead poisoning many decades ago, such is the Body... :(

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
  10. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    I can identify to a point Brian, when I am in the Phils and with wife aking Asawa I am cared for from head to toe. But and its a big but...bottom line it is our responsibility to care for ourselves falls on us. Each time I travel to her, I wonder how I am am viewed by her...am I mataba?, can she sense I have cared for myself while away from her. Our marriage is not about what she can do for me in terms of caring for me. But what I have done while away, what I have done for myself to make her life easier. On one trip to be with her, while taking my luggage to meet her and family at the greeting area of the airport. One of my rolling bags got away from me..in my struggle to hold on to my other bag, I tripped and fell square on my face. I was more embarrassed than injured. Security came immediately to my assistance. Dusting my baseball cap off, I said I am okay lang. They insisted I go to the infirmary in a wheelchair. We traveled to the greeting area and immediately my Asawa saw me and came running. No matter how much I tried to assure her I was okay, she was terrified. GR8 job on my part to show her I had been capable of caring for myself while away from Her.