Dumaguete Info Search

Gorgeous puppies need urgent adoption

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Jeepni, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    When you assuming that we adopt dogs away to people who will tie them up and let the dogs bark day and night, you are wrong, we select people with care and follow these dogs for a while. I assuming you are a very grumpy guy who look for the negative in life. The pack of stray dogs eats livestock, how often will that happen? Very rare, Filipino kill that kind of dogs immediately. I agree with you in at least one point, responsible ownership, (seen from a western point of view) then the problem was solved. Filipino point of view, you are a responsible dog owner if you feed your dog....sometimes. Not all, but many Filipino looks at it that way

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

well, i decided i gotta weigh in on this. first and foremost, i think you are all correct!! and i love the fact that so many people show so much compassion for dogs in the phils. however my personal thinking tends to run along the lines of osodelnorte being practical and realistic.

we too have two rescue dogs, the girl gets depo shots twice a year. they are our watchdogs and companions. but all we really did besides doing something that makes us happy, is make room for two more street dogs.

the culture and politics here supports the current situation. most of the more wealthy filipinos that i see who have pets treat them more in a "western" fashion. the rest is what you see is what you get.

my wife and i recently avoided an obviously rabid dog running in circles, biting the grass and foaming at the mouth in our neighborhood i was alarmed since the phils reports more deaths from rabies per capita to the world health organization (WHO) than any other country with a high proportion of those being children. we made six urgent and concerned contacts with eighbor filipinos over the problem. we were told two things. one was don't call the police and second was to stay away from the dog. the next day two other presumably street dogs were feeding on the carcass

so do what you want to do on a micro level, just be realistic and realize you will not change the problem one iota. mr osodelnorte is just as right as everyone else, and apparently just as compassionate. he is just realistic.

you can go downtown early any morning or early evening, and spend all your time and money helping street people too. homeless dogs or homeless people, its a bottomless pit

3. Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Come on man, I'm never said I will save the world. I can and do give to beggars and don't think I solve the problem for starving people in all the world but maybe I make one person happy that he/she can eat that day, same with the dogs, I don't solve the problem with street dogs because I feed, vaccinate, spay and find foster homes for a few of them. I never expressed that I solve the problem there are in the Philippines with street dogs, you make your own assumptions like osodelnorte, pls relate to what I write. I think you have good intentions and do your part by adopting 2 street dogs and are a good person, just tired of people who assume what is on my mind and what is my intentions, relate to what I write
    You don't take action on dogs you believe have rabies? Because locals say don't call the police? Sorry can't follow that one

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  4. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

my friend (and making that assumption), i am not and have not critisized anything you do or have done re your post. i commend you and i commend all the others who care.

i agree if you save just one its a good thing. i am just saying the problem will not change because of that. just an observation.

re rabid dogs, i will be happy to hear how you would handle such an issue. all of my neighbors and one pickup with four offical looking guys and a dumaguete sticker of some sort on the door all declined to get involved. their advice was all the same.

5. Liverpool fan

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    About dogs with rabies or aggressive dogs who show signs to attack people, I can only tell you how locals handle it here, these dogs disappear, I more than assume they go to the dog heaven, what I hear is, the dogs die fast and painless, sorry no details here

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Whether or not the problem, or any problem, changes, is highly dependent on the number of people willing to enable the change.

• Like Like x 1
  7. oding

oding DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Are these puppies still in need of a home. We can accommodate one.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Jeepni

Jeepni DI New Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Thank you so much for your interest in the puppies, they found a new home last weekend. Very kind of you to offer to adopt though, thanks a lot.

• Like Like x 2