Dumaguete Info Search

Got vaccinated

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Toto, May 20, 2021.

1. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Here in Pamplona, they came by to sign me up for Sinovac ... yeah I know its Chinese but at this point any vaccine is better than no vaccine IMO.... next week they say...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    We have less information than before, but I don't recall ever knowing the cycle threshold here. That was mostly misconstrued by the kooks a while back to claim all the tests were false positives and the pandemic is a hoax.

3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    In case you mean me? I studied and worked in the profession years ago - PCR tests did not exist at that time. So anyone can read all the latest information, especially on this virus, and be equally informed.

Just to widen your post: There is just so much information being put out now - some of it, as expected, conflicting. I basically switched off! I will wait until years after the pandemic has ended(?) to read what really happened, what they did badly and what they did well (they are still analysing WW2!).

I look at the current crisis from a personal viewpoint - just trying to avoid getting infected and giving advice to family members. I don't have too much concern about the bigger picture as it is out of my control (locally and globally). If people try to control what they cannot, then it leads to anxieties.

I would never advise anyone (especially re. vaccination) what to do in a situation like this - I have reasons for my choices but keep them to myself now. I will be making either a good choice or a bad choice - and time will tell. Everyone has to make their own choice.

All I will say is the obvious - this is going to go on a long time and then, I suspect, will be followed by financial consequences that are currently being suppressed (with inflation and subsequent increases in interest rates) - and no one knows where that is going to lead.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
  5. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Still nothing yet for seniors in Dumaguete

6. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Actually, it's performed well. I understand the aversion, but in the real world it performs.

A small commuter town surrounded by sugarcane fields in southeastern Brazil, one of the countries hardest hit by COVID-19, has shown that even a vaccine that had low efficacy in some clinical trials can dramatically control the pandemic virus.
    As part of an unusual experiment to track the real-world effectiveness of CoronaVac, a COVID-19 vaccine made by a Chinese company, almost all adult residents of Serrana, in the state of São Paulo, received the required two shots between February and April, long before most would otherwise have become eligible for the vaccine. The results were dramatic. Symptomatic cases of COVID-19 have dropped by 80% since the start of mass vaccination, related hospitalizations fell 86%, and deaths plummeted 95%, the research team in charge of the experiment reported during a press conference yesterday.
    https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...W0-9fYxG8NbgBnSQAPkvFBdQx9f9bNCgZMDrSgL4_SzPk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Provincial Government of Negros Oriental
    3tSpdeonshoredme ·
    #FYI
    The Department of Health-Region 7 is deploying nurses from Cebu City to augment the nursing staff of Silliman University Medical Center Foundation, Inc. The nurses, who were accompanied by Dr. Socrates Villamor of DOH-Negros Oriental, arrived yesterday and met with Mr. Roberto D. Montebon, President/Administrator. The nurses will go on duty from June 4 to June 30 to help the Hospital cope with the rising number of COVID-19 patients.
    Thank you for your service! [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Yes, some say, the best vaccine is the one that's available. Sinovac has recently been approved by W.H.O. Previously, the company had not provided data for consideration. Sinopharm has been approved. One would expect that these will be accepted everywhere for travel. Sputnik has not been approved; it is said that Russians do not trust it. The most recent rap on Sinovac is that it's only good for 6 months. Apparently, Moderna and Pfizer are most effective against the mutant versions. And finally, the governor begs Manila to send more vaccine, and the response (the President puts his name to it) is to send what Manileños are rejecting--namely, Sinovac.

10. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    My plan with Sinovac or Aztrazeneca was to get the two shots, and then find Pfizer or Moderna as booster shots. Just read Bahrain is doing that.
    upload_2021-6-5_20-29-6.png

• Agree Agree x 2