Dumaguete Info Search

Got vaccinated

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Toto, May 20, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    The last one from Yes was May 25, and that was 240 new cases for Negros.

2. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I stand corrected thank you... the 405 was for Negros Oriental by Yes Dumaguete dated as of May 27

3. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    • Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: May 29, 2021
  6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    :meh: So only a small fraction of people are showing symptoms? And what percentage of those 5.2% that have symptoms are having serious medical issues? And of those having serious health issues how many are already well over the average life expectancy that would have serious health issues if hit by any other virus?

If we tested every single person in the region how many would show antibodies for covid? I imagine the numbers would be incredibly high.

7. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Wow, how easily we grab onto information that supports our preconceptions without considering the quality. It is obvious that the reference you cited is wrong. Most of the information from region 7 is complete misinformation.

For example she got the number of ICU beds wrong.

She said 13, or 72 percent, of the 18 ICU beds set aside for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) patients in Negros Oriental were occupied as of May 27.

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/...os-Oriental?utm_source=DI&utm_medium=referral

This shows the number of beds for each hospital. It is more accurate.

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I didn't say any of it was true. Every statement in the first paragraph was a question. I didn't post the source, I was asking questions on the content of someone else's source.

You say it is wrong, where is your source showing the correct information? Where do we find the percentage of asymptomatic cases?

9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    You and @Toto seem to be following the data very closely, so what do you make of this below. To me it seems a nonsense question.

"Community transmission of variants in NCR?
    Meanwhile, Vergeire said the DOH has not received an official notice from the World Health Organization after Dr. Rabindra Abeyasinghe - WHO's representative to the Philippines - was quoted as saying in a report there is "some degree" of community transmission of the B.1.1.7 and B.1.351 variants in the NCR Plus.

Community transmission means the source of infection can no longer be traced.

"We rely [on] and we request this help from the WHO so they can be able to analyze properly, at mabigyan po tayo ng (and we can be given) guidance kung talagang may (if there is already a) community transmission na nga dito sa ating bansa (in our country)," Vergeire added.

10. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    It is strange. We don't have the info like we used to have, Novcovtracker seems to be inaccurate. IATF puts out a daily report which I haven't been able to find, so it must be internal. We do get this, and the evidence that surrounds us that tells us it's a new ball game.
    [​IMG]