Dumaguete Info Search

Got vaccinated

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Toto, May 20, 2021.

1. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
  2. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +621 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Pat is your barangay in Dumaguete?

3. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
  4. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    I'm guessing we're dealing with the P3 variant. The spread is quick.
    This is a map that appears to be maintained, but differs from PGNO. It gives admitted and in isolation, with higher figures if you add them together. Hit Provinces on the left, then the Negor button near the center. Bottom right gives the two arrow expansion. Hovering over each municipality gives figures. Don't be surprised if they are higher than you thought. Right click to expand and get a table, scroll down the table to get current. Almost forgot, click on the current date on the graph and the table reverses order showing current at the top.
    The Daily Confirmed Cases gives a breakdown of symptomatic, asymptomatic, death, and a moving average. Hover over works on the graph. Right click, hit table, the graph expands and you can scroll down the table for current, or click the current line on the graph and the table jumps there.
    This gives us something to look at. Whether it's accurate or not, decide for yourself.
    https://ro7.doh.gov.ph/covid-19

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The text on FB associated with this image states:
    This includes the augmentation of swab kits, and efforts to speed up testing of swab samples from Dumaguete City to laboratories in Cebu.
    All 5,000 persons will be required to undergo quarantine while waiting for their test results.

If they are sending swab tests to Cebu we can assume that the local testing laboratory is overwhelmed with the amount of testing to be conducted.

I have seen quarantined people simply gathered together in the Barangay area without dividers. They are on day 7 waiting for their test results. My guess is that this would be a great way to spread the virus.

6. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    The Daro barangay has 44 people in it that have been waiting 7 days for the results of their swab tests.

By the time they get the results the people who were positive will have recovered and there will be another batch of infected people.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Bacong

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A massive amount of asymptomatic according to that map. Does that variant tend to do that?

9. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    We have been overwhelmed for a while on PCR tests. We had 2 units donated operating on one shift doing 150 tests a day, sometimes 200. In January they hired another shift bringing the capacity to 300, possibly 400 tests a day. There are lab problems where the lab needs to stop and clean. There are possibly rapid antigen tests, but there's no mention of them that I have seen. So 5,000 tests is far beyond the capacity of the lab to process timely.

10. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    One of the anomalies in the beginning was that Manila was running ~85% symptomatic, but Cebu was doing the opposite ~80-85% asymptomatic. Puzzled, I asked a Malaysian Doctor friend. He thought the asymptomatic indicated a more robust immune response in the Cebu population. He thought the population may have been exposed to something in the past that aided the response. So we may be sitting in a population that has a more robust immune response than normal. As Euros and Americans, we may not have been exposed in the past. Just medical conjecture at this point though. We don't really know why.

Last edited: May 31, 2021