Dumaguete Info Search

Got vaccinated

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Toto, May 20, 2021.

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    About 5, 000 close contacts of COVID-19 confirmed cases, at 500 a day both symptomatic and asymptomatic, are targeted for RT-PCR swab tests in the next 2 weeks by the teams from the City Health Office, Integrated Provincial Health Office and Department of Health.

It will take 10 days to swab the 5,000 at 500 per day.
    During this 10 days many more people outside those quarantined will become infected. When will they and their close contacts be swabbed?

It seems that the city is doing everything possible to avoid lock-down. Will it work? Will there be political consequences for the mayor when this does not work?

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thanks. Signed up for this. Better than risking getting the garbage Chinese vaccine I would likely be offered in the next 1-3 years locally.

3. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have a question, does "enrolled" mean that you are in the VA system or does it mean that you have to be "enrolled" at the local VA Manila clinic... guessing you have to have had a visit there and presented your VA ID for local treatment... if this is true then it will be awhile for those of us who never have been to Manila clinic...

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    It is my understanding you have to had a visit to Manila VA To be registered (I think a primary care visit). I transferred my records from Seattle (primary care) to Manila via telephone but never made a check up there because covid started so I am not yet registered there even though my records are there. If they are taking calls, you can check.

5. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    E mail continues:

How to Let VA Manila Know You Want a Vaccine?

VA Manila has put two new processes in place for Veterans to use to notify VA that they would like to receive a vaccine. These processes are different depending on your enrollment status with VA. Enrolled Veterans who have used VA Healthcare services in the past can register their intent to be vaccinated online by following the steps below in part A. Non-enrolled Veterans, Spouses, and Caregivers can register by sending an email as outlined below in part B.

This email is dated 29 May 2021. I have previously posted parts A & B.

There’s supposed to be approximately 6,000 US veterans enrolled at VA Manila.

I never applied for VA disability but could have. I have received dental and medical care at the VA. Was treated by VA in Jackson, MS when I was on active duty assigned to a Army reserve unit in Vicksburg. When I retired…in Biloxi, MS…Kessler AFB Hospital sent me to the VA in Gulfport for a medical test.

I applied for A and B., them sort it out. For many years was assigned to Special Management Command…was tired being assigned to Armored Cavalry units. In the 90’s was assigned to Hanoi…as office manager and ISG in the POW/MIA office. Raised the US Flag at the new US Consulate building.
    The folks at the VA Manila work for us…they need to make darn sure all US veterans who want to be vaccinated are.

6. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    It's my understanding these 500 swabs a day are being sent to Cebu for processing. I would assume they've been notified and are not circulating. This would also leave the lab here open to process up to 400 a day. It does make you wonder about the logistics of it and the milling of people.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Forgot this part. Cebu seems to have updated their records later and/or gotten better at symptoms over time because more symptomatic were reported, whereas Manila remained high symptomatic even when the test positivity rate was low. Still odd. The one Pinoy I know here had mild symptoms for a day and one continuing odd one - his breath feels hot, like he has hot pepper in his breath.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Obliged Friend

Obliged Friend DI Forum Adept Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +288 / 77
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Send this to President Duterte… 037A9161-7982-47CE-9962-3755A785A4F6.jpeg

9. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Here's the NCR test positivity rate for April through June 2020 showing that at least 9 out of 10 people tested weren't positive, indicating they weren't waiting for people to come in with symptoms, in spite of what we think. I thought it was too high and they were missing asymptomatics. I also thought Cebu was missing symptoms. The newer figures indicate Cebu wasn't, but the symptoms are very mild, easy to miss at first. But also Manila remained higher. In spit of the positivity rate, the Harvard boys made a negative comment.
    d.png

10. OP
    OP
    Toto

Toto DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +666 / 205
    Timeline d.jpeg