Dumaguete Info Search

Greetings from Spain

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by nicogiraldi, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    nicogiraldi

nicogiraldi DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh, thanks for your advice, teacher. Anyway, I have my own bussiness here in Spain ( I own 2 apartments & 2 offices that are rented) so I hope I can live on my incomings from Spain.
    The real reason I want to move to the Philippines is my father died almost 2 years ago & I haven't "digested" his death yet, it was a really hard hit for me since he became my "mom & dad" since my my mother died when I was just 17 years... I need to change my enviroment, and since my wife is filipina & I have no more relatives than a brother...I don't have ties or reasons to stay here.
    I just leave my properties rented & I can live quite quiet there...and I have Hong Kong nearby so I think it is a nice theraphy for my health.

2. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Really

I lost my father when I was 17, then my mother remarried so the family fell apart. Thats the biggest reason that I call the Philippines my home today. we are very such alike hermano. :wink:

3. OP
    OP
    nicogiraldi

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I got the same feeling, Teacher. That's why I don't have any reason or ties to stay in spain. Lets see what's going on in the Philippines.

By the way, I have read you are teaching in Taiwan & I would like to ask you if you have ever been in Sanjhih city ( I am not sure if I ave written it properly). It is located in the North Coast of Taiwan. In that city there was a tourist resort called UFO HOUSES because of the futuristic style & design, but it was abandoned & now there are only very scary but atractive remains that were used as movie shooting locations in several local productions.

best from Spain

4. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    UFO Houses near Sanjhih city

I have not seen them as of yet I hope to before they are gone and yes your spelling was right. About three months ago it was announced that the structures would be bulldozed in order to build a "more normal" hotel complex. They're still famous even though they were abandoned 30 years ago, people passing by today are still impressed by the architecture of these buildings. Some people even say that ghosts are around the houses! The idea of "haunted houses" attracts people it has become a hotspot for tourists now! The story goes like this that in the 17th century hundreds of thousands of Dutch soldiers were buried underneath the ground that the UFO houses stand on. I found some pictures hope everyone enjoys them.

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    nicogiraldi

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh...I must say I feel a bit sad to know that remains are going to be missed. I have some movies shots there around end of the 70's -beggining of the 80's & I always wanted to visit such place.
    Some movies where we can see this ufo house are
    -Golden ninja warrior
    -Jaguar force thunderbolt
    -Diamond ninja force
    -White Phantom
    among others...that movies were taiwanese productions or co-productions with other countries.

Is this place too far from Taipei?

6. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    No not far

It is about 15 kilometers north of Taipei. I live south about a hour and a half of Taipei. But it looks like I maybe moving to Hsinchi city which is the silicon valley of Asia.

7. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hey Teacher, don't you mean Hsinchu?

I lived in Hsinchu for almost two years before moving to Tainan in 2000. Great place to teach English if you want to earn/save lots of cash. There are loads of white collar family sending their kids to English bushiban and or hiring private tutors. English teachers are paid very well there as they're in heavy demand. There's also a decent size expat community and a large Philippino OFW community in Hsinchu which your wife will certainly appreciate---they have weekly events that caters to OFWs. Good luck on your move.

8. Teacher

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Yes

you are right, thanks atlargex I tell my wife, Our Catholic Priest that comes from Hsinchu to give mass in Miao-li, he has been after us to go visit hsinchu (sorry about the type O) he even has arranged for a interview for me at a local bushiban. It’s very hard to tell him NO… SO we will see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.