Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Grumpy's?

1. Swissrider

Swissrider DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +132 / 28
    Made a quick stop at Grumpys yesterday. Ralph show me around a bit. I was really impressed of the facilities. He obviously used quality stuff. Nice bar. The toilet is probably the best I have seen in Dumaguete. He is planning to install a roof on the terrace for a beergarden. So it seems the real opening is early 2019. But you can have a beer already now. Anyway, we will see how it goes. But I wish him good luck. He deserves it after all these efforts.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Grumpy's is being developed by Ralph and Aurora, who used to have la Fiesta in San Miguel. Expected to open in December.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    If you were sad that La Fiesta has closed, you will be happy that Grumpy’s has opened it doors to food lovers.

Nice place, excellent food, for a fair price.
    Well managed. Everything is set up for a nice dining experience.

Give it a try. Hard to imagine you will regret it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I can see how the name fits. Ralph is one of those guys who you get along with really well or really not so well. I'm in the former, so I'll be sure to check the place out. You have to be easy on him though, he's super passionate about making a good meal. His thing isn't about customer service, his thing is to see you really enjoy what he cooked. For you to enjoy food as much as he does. This tends to turn into a situation where people with high expectations of customer service rate his place not so well whereas people who get his vibe become huge fans.

Both types of restaurants have their place. Your money is your vote and you can vote however you like. I just hate how people will go into one type of environment and rate it based on their expectations when it's not setup to be that type of place. It's rating oranges as if they were apples.

Some like a highly professional environment where the service is consistently top notch while largely fading into the background. It's just your table and your meal, but you have to blend in with that environment as well. You have to go with the flow.

Others prefer an environment which is more chaotic. There is no flow to go against, just don't p*ss anyone off. Stick around as long as you like. Get a bit loud. Drink a bit too much if you like. If you have something to complain about, the owner might not be as sympathetic as the other type of place. :wink: The food might take a bit longer, especially if you order one of the more obscure items from the menu. Better yet, just toss the menu and ask the cook what you should order.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1