Dumaguete Info Search

Guarded subdivisions

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Enkidu, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Aussie Diver

Aussie Diver DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well done fella, for shooting down a Newbie member.
    I’m not gonna get into a pissing match with you..since you seem to run the show here.

I have gained some useful info whilst lurking here.....I must thank the few contributing members for that.

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Huh? I think you may be reading a tone I didn't intend to use.

Do I?

3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I don't know you personally Mr Wyre, but I see nothing in what you wrote as being negative - it seems to be as if you were telling it as it is (this is what you do and that is what grown-ups need).

Do you run the show? Well, you set up this site, you keep it going - but that means a lot of hard work for you. I see no reason to grumble. I have as much right to post here as you do and we all let others be the judge of what we write. You at times have strong opinions, but what are you supposed to do - say what you don't believe?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I guess that highend subdivisions seems to have more reliable guards than middle or lowend subdivisions. Many subdivisions had guards in the past but they lost their guards later.

5. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    It seems Tiera Alta has responsible guards...we visited the place just to look around, the guard let us in for a very short visit but when we started taking pictures of ourselves on the street, with Siquijor in the background, another guard came after us in his motorcycle and kicked us out.

They don’t like people driving through, even if you say to look at lots and houses. Same with Pueblo Genivivo also in the same area.

Where I am renting there is a guardhouse but no guard. We joke that we could place a fake guard along the lines of a scarecrow dresses up as a guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    Yes there are many good quality guarded subdivision around Dumaguete, some well managed some not so well, but for sure you only get what you pay for. The vast majority of subdivisions are not registered with the land use authorities so miss out on lots of benefits.

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You could say... you let your guard down lol.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Which sorts of benefits and how do you know this if the subdivision is registered or not?

9. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    A subdivision at concept should be approved by the Housing and land use regulatory board, whom have specific rules as to the design of any developments, example the amount of free space, the width of the roads, the road from the subdivision to the national road system, the drainage systems, the utility requirements water, electricity. Basically the same as any planning department found within the USA or Europe. This is the responsibility of the developer to obtain the approval of the regulatory board. When the development is completed the issue is then handed to the home owners whom have to form a committee and set a plan as to how the subdivision is to be managed, this is a bureaucratic procedure and when completed has to be submitted to the regulatory board and if approved they will issue a certificate of registration of the subdivision. Once registered then the subdivision has the backing of the regulatory board with any local issues, example they will ensure regular garbage collection, they have top notch lawyers whom can pressure the utility companies to maintain a quality supply of services. Complete detail can be found at HLURB.gov,ph if you have the time to try and negotiate this site. A copy of the registration certificate has to be posted at the gate house.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
  10. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    My first time here in yonks, but in answer to the OP....as expected....there were a range of opinions. Given that I don't live there, and may never actually live in the Philippines, due to my own health issues over last few years. It is almost immaterial to me - although you never know - we may decide to make the move. That said we do have several lots - combined into a very large lot in a major subdivision near Bacolod, with neighbours like members of the Lacson family etc. It is well guarded and gated. And frankly I have never heard of any major incidents beyond 'visitors' at the clubhouse getting drunk and destructive, and the usual theft by maids etc....The guards are armed, as are the roving patrols - 12 gauges and handguns. People sleep well at night - knowing they will wake up alive. Not sure if we will ever utilise that land, but the good news is the land value has tripled since we bought it.

That said, the pick of the litter is an Ayala subdivision. Bacolod has a major Ayala subdivision complex....broken into sections - it is so large. I am amazed Dumaguete hasn't got one yet. Their security is the best in the Philippines for residential living. It is not entirely fail-safe. Nothing there is....but it as close as you'll ever get to perfect security. I do know they are very proactive, and point out risks to residents so they can be improved. Mostly ex-military, a lot of them former Philippine Marines.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1