Dumaguete Info Search

Guavatel-Formally IT Quest-Is anybody using their service?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rodneyemr, Sep 16, 2011.

1. jwdaigle

jwdaigle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, I didnt know this forum existed until I was told that they were being maligned, so I signed up and posted my experiences.

Having looked around the other threads, it seems like a good forum, so aside from the obvious echoes of "My mind is made up, dont confuse me with the facts", I plan on continuing to read/post.

I do agree that I am just one data point- and I for one would like to see others opinions.

ps and accusing people of "getting a discount for saying good things" is ridiculous :-)

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    of course... all accidentally...

a bunch of customer "accidentally" heard about something... give me a break, that is a big pile of karabow-poo.

btw, giving "extras" for certain reports on websites is totally normal in the service-world. happens in the hotel-business all the time, the "go there all is fantastic" poster on tripadvisor are just one example.

plenty of dive-shops give a free dive for good recommendations on several websites. I think 4 customer of one provider signing up by accident and tell all how pink the sky and full of violins is certainly NO coincidence.

It definitely leaves a sour aftertaste on the new owner, even he does improve the service.

As a business-owner he should be more professional and well aware of that companies reputation. It would be easy to get in touch in person... Sending out his little puppies to advertise for him is probably the most unprofessional way to go...

However, as the original question answered and the OP replied that all is done: Thread closed

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    reopend...

Dear Mr. Frederick Silliman Dael:

Hereby, I apologize for any unintentional harm or grief my prior post may have caused you, Guavatel Inc., its employees, shareholders and customers. Clearly, I now recognize that it was a mistake and I regret the posting and am very remorseful for the situation.
    After I was given the chance to visit Mr. Dael at his office and had also the chance to talk to some of his technical and administrative staff, I am firmly convinced that Mr Dael and his staff at Guavatel Inc. do the best technically possible to satisfy their customer fully in a professional manner to deliver reliable internet-connection to close and remote areas in Negros Oriental, Siquijor and Southern Cebu.
    I am now particularly impressed with Mr. Dael’s impressive background and expertise in the telecommunications field, and in no instance should Guavatel Inc. be compared with Rolf Reierskog's IT Outlook, Quest Interact Services and IT Quest Inc. and must be 100% differentiated! In the DumagueteInfo website (Dumaguete City - Negros Oriental - Apo Island - Siquijor - Philippines - Dumaguete) I answered earlier in this thread to a member: “well, if you followed along that topic you should know my experience with them. as a matter of fact it goes back to Puerto Galera where the original master-scammer of that company tried to “steal” money the same way he did here.” I understand now that Rolf Reierskog has nothing to do with Guavatel, Inc. and that I had inadvertently maligned Guavatel, Inc. and its President, Frederick S. Dael when I accused them of stealing money. Hence this heartfelt apology. Guavatel, Inc. may be expensive but they deliver reliable, dependable and professional service to remote locations, and they have nothing to do with any Puerto Galera or Dumaguete incident mentioned in former posts.
    My sincere apology is also extended to the DumagueteInfo Junior Members: Joseph W. Daigle (Jwdaigle), Peter Ziniker (Peter Wolf), Dr. Florentina Garcia Carre (Maddog), Brian Waddington (Astroman) which I hereby welcome and invite to share their experience with the Dumagueteinfo Family.
    Finally, to clarify any further misunderstandings or concessions, my post was my personal opinion and did not represent the management or other members of the DI forum. I do hope this public apology and mea culpa puts an end to this unfortunate situation and I wish you, Mr. Frederick Silliman Dael, Guavatel Inc., its employees, shareholders present and future customers all the best and a successful future.

Sincerely,

Rhoody Brust

Dumaguete, November 02, 2011

4. OP
    OP
    Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I got the answers I was looking for. Thank You

I started this thread and had no idea that it would become so volatile. I see nothing wrong with a business asking its existing satisfied customers to provide testimonies. That is what I was looking for: actual existing customer feedback. It has become obvious that the service level of the previous company's was below par, but GuavaTel is delivering on their promises. If there are satisfied customers in remote areas, with no other choice of internet provider then let's applaud GuavaTel for providing this service.

5. astroman

astroman DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    apology accepted Rhoody. now if you someone can just help me to identify those butterflies i asked about a while back that would really be appreciated.

6. Buck Dangler

Buck Dangler DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    This thread is 1 1/2 years old now. Was wondering if everyone is still experiencing the same wonderful service from *****tel? Personally I have been using them for 8 months and have had nothing but problems. I have given them every opportunity to fix whatever problem they have but it just seems to recur. I have replaced routers with no effect and made sure no one was doing large downloads but still unable many times to even be able to get a speedtest to load on a 2mbps service. They say just text us if you are having problems and we will switch your gateway - nothing, no reply. They used to have multiple providers now I hear it is only PLDT. This was a big reason I went with them, now if PLDT has a problem they have no alternate. I was in the office one day talking with Fred and the office manager walked in and seeing me there and assuming I was complaining about the service again told me right up if I did not like the service to cancel it! Is this true Filipino customer service. I am completely fed up with them and will gladly cancel them as soon as I can find another provider. Like to hear any others experience.

7. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    They used to have the same, reliable, bandwidth provider I used, but they cancelled their account. What I heard they rely on a few PLDT DSL connections, which isn't enough to supply their customers.
    There is an alternative, with which I have no experience, but is related to a reliable internet provider who supply the bandwidth, and the wireless company just supply the connection between your location and the providers hub. Probably costly but sounds more reliable as you have a separate contract with the bandwidth provider. Send a private message for contact info to the provider.
    I have used the internet provider for many years, but not with this wireless provider.