Dumaguete Info Search

Gung hey fat choi !

Discussion in 'Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment' started by sntmig, Jul 10, 2013.

1. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Yesterday we tried a new Chinese resto for lunch,and were pleasently surprised...Not so fancy but very authetic and very good....hint..If you want 'spicy'..its 'spicy' !
    The owner,cook and waitress (Ying) are from the 'provinces' in China ... so the food is 'Provincial Chinese' and not western-style.
    "San Guo" is on the corner of Hibbard and EJ Blanco..

Will go again to try the kung pau chicken...Miguel

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Did you notice if they have lemon chicken? I ate it for years in Hawaii. and never seen it here

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I would be interested to know that too, as well as if they offer orange chicken.

I doubt either though as lemons are somewhat rare here, and the ingredients (lemons and oranges) are rather expensive. Maybe they have access to a lemon or orange prepackaged mix?

4. OP
    OP
    sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    San Guo; 0999 933 3077 or 0915 119 1600

5. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Went there yesterday for lunch. The kung pao was pretty good. Didn't see lemon chicken on the menu. Mentioned to the owner I would love to see egg drop on the menu. As we left the restaurant, it was very quiet, one young man standing outside. As we sat in the car, doors open to let it cool off...that young man runs up reaches in the car, yanks the gold and diamond necklace off my companion's neck and takes off running and jumps on the back of his accomplice's motorbike!! I ran after him....smart? No....BUT I did get the tag number. Not sure anything will come of it, but we went directly to the police station and they said they will follow up on it.

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Wow sorry to hear about the snatching, but thanks for asking about the Lemon Chicken.
    Ron

7. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Fully bejeweled in a cheap restaurant??? You'r asking for trouble.
    Better stick 1000 peso notes on your clothing so they can rip you off easier.
    They either spotted you earlier?? or someone in the restaurant tipped them of.

8. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    Mokum, Are you saying if i go to an expensive ill will not get robbed , i wish someone had told that to the prick that grabed my cel phone in front of coco amigo,s at lunch time a while back
    cheers

9. mokum

mokum DI Senior Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +574 / 136
    Well Alex you don't get it. To stay out of trouble you don't wear expensive jewelry. That you keep in a bank deposit box or as many do ,in the pawnshop. It is double ridiculous to wear such things while eating in a cheap restaurant.
    I'm sorry about your phone but assume it was a expensive one too or was the thief half blind??
    What I mean to say is : keep expensive gadgets out of sight.

10. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Mokum is right..my friend even said it was stupid to be wearing the necklace and accepted responsibility for letting her guard down. Shes said, "lesson learned!!" She said if she had any more expensive jewelry, she would not wear it out.