Dumaguete Info Search

Health & Wellness GYMS reviewed. We need a REAL Health Club here!

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Wildlands1, Feb 4, 2018.

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Where is it located please?

2. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i'm not positive this is correct, jim, but paste the google maps link below into a browser. it shows P&E across from freedom park but i can't find it on street view, same problem i'm having finding the thai resto/ 7-11 in valencia. maybe one of our groups experts will step in here.

Google Maps

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Plainspoken

Plainspoken DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +325 / 280
    Me too, I'm in. Only problem is the 10 minutes on the treadmill. I can't do but about 1 second. Every time I turn it on it throws me off. I don't like to actually swim that much anymore either but I will get in the water if I have to, just to get the gin and tonic. And by the way, I do take my health seriously, just not my fitness.

4. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    well, plainspoken... i happened to pass by P&E gym today and google was correct, it's almost directly across the road from the flagpole in the park, so best call in asap and reserve ur gin and tonic before the rush.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Wildlands1

Wildlands1 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +133 / 27
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    That's Pete, of P&E fitness, the second gym I reference here. Nice guy but needs a cash injection also.

6. OP
    OP
    Wildlands1

Wildlands1 DI Member Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +133 / 27
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    I don't know about the UK but in the US, Canada, and Thailand, I've never seen a gym/health club as poorly run, designed, and equipped, as these two. The weight machines are never cleaned, rarely oiled, rusty, etc.. The free weights are the same, and the collars bite big time. There are no squat racks in either, why I don't know, and Smith Machines are not a proper alternative. The floors are filthy in both, as are the showers/dressing rooms. The stuff is so crammed into both there's zero space to maneuver, spot, or anything else. The staff makes no effort to teach new locals any sort of gym etiquette or manners. (i.e. rerack your f*in weights!) The outdated cardio things, for the most part, barely function, and have been almost broken for years. The treadmill's belts slip, the ellipticals crunch and grumble with every revolution, etc.. The windows are filthy inside and out and never get cleaned. The yoga mats are disgusting. I would gladly pay double dues for a nice, spaceous, well equipped place. But, complain as I do, my sizzling fit Pinay can make it all go away with just a smile.

7. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86

grreat idea
    great ideal wild.. you seem to have a handle on it.. run with it.. Wildlands Gym... coming soon...

8. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    But you still want that for 1,100 or 1,200 PHP/month. right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    P&E Gym is across the National Highway from Freedom Park and the Provincial Capitol. It's in the Infante Building which has the LBC Office, an office supply and a Cebuana (I think) facing the road. Walk down the driveway between that building and the Metrobank, and walk up the stairs on the right (same stairs and the Recorder of Deeds Office.)