Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Happy Jacks review

1. Family_Guy

Family_Guy DI Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3
    Myself and my partner run Happy Jacks. Unfortunately we can not be there all of the time for obvious reasons. We dont just sit around behind the bar all day, i wish we could. Like any business managers and owners can not micro manage 24/7 and things will happen. We do everything we can to listen to people and try to make Happy Jacks an enjoyable place to visit. I can safely say the majority of people have enjoyed our resto. Again i can only apologize to you and the problem has hopefully been sorted.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    There are many commercial establishments that do not allow cell phones on the job. In Robinson Store, I knew an employee who lost her phone use for 24 hours because she accidentally took into the store while on duty. When she took a break off site... the guard inspector located the phone on her and the phone was confiscated for 24 hours. Robinsons provides locker for phones and other personal items for storage while on the job.

In Jolliebee I am told the workers can not even personally chat with there fellow employees while on duty. Ever notice how attentive and fast the service is at Jollibee. I certainly would not find an professionalism missing in most of the servers, even if they are young.

Then how many times have you walked into a commercial establish that cares a little less about their customer service and you have to wait or get the attention of someone on the phone. Most businesses could probably cut their labor cost substantially if they could get the employees to focus on customer service and less on their personal lives while on the job, because they would need less employees. The ones working would be focused and could actually be paid more per person and be more customer attentive. This is just another approach; efficiency versus to having many playful employees to entertain but not particularly provide customer service to the customers.

Why Not disco seems to have the right idea, the employees are very attentive, and service oriented. The employees are very efficient at their jobs. The ladies visiting from the boulevard provide the "eye candy" and "entertainment"... hmm they are efficient at their tasks also. :o o:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Family_Guy

Family_Guy DI Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3
    Hey Bruce, such a shame you feel this way as we do the best we can with what we are working with. My staff are trained and have all worked in other very well known restos and resorts. Phones are of course banned but i cant watch them all day and we all know what young people are like these days. Philippines being text capital of Asia. If there is a problem i would prefer people to approach me directly, I can then deal with the exact waitress accordingly. Again im sorry you were not satisfied with Happy Jacks at the time of your visit :banghead:

• Like Like x 3
  4. clout

clout DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 6
    Happy jacks is a great place, the food is good and the waitress in my opinion is very very attentive, have not had a bad experience there, and if i do my complaint well go directly to owner.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Family_Guy

Family_Guy DI Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3
    It was after closing time but we do have a policy that if people are in we will stay open. They are young girls and wanted to celebrate a birthday. Party before professional is not how they should be thinking !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I have heard it said that a bad customer is one who will not complain and let you try to make it right....they just don't return and they tell others not to go. I imagine that there are people who are "bad" customers some days and good customers on others just as people who are the wait staff have bad days. I think the whole wait staff really wanting customers to leave so they can go party, that they were having a less than smart day.
    I was in Garcia's one evening and it was slow, the employees were cleaning up the place and it was obvious but I had a bubble, about 1/4 of the restaurant, of space around my table where it was business as usual. I asked the owner how late they stay open and he said as long as they have customers, take your time. I didn't rush but I figured it was polite to leave as soon as we were finished so the two of us weren't holding 7 people who would rather be elsewhere at work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    I had the fish and chips with real Malt vinegar at Happy Jacks. The best I have had in a long long time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    Went there last night around 5pm with a couple buddies and the girls for some food, pool and a couple beers. I had the lasagna (very good), he rest choose between the Union Burger and Mince pie special. All was great, beer cold and everyone happy except for 1 thing. As usual I got my @ss handed to me in pool lol. I am going to start playing monopoly again......

• Like Like x 2
  9. Family_Guy

Family_Guy DI Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 3
    SPECIAL THIS WEEKEND ( Friday ( Band Night ) and Saturday ) PLOUGHMANS LUNCH ........ Pork Pie - Cheese - French Bread - Salad - Imported Pickled Onions - Colemans Mustard and An Award Winning English Pork Pie Chutney. P280 Only at Happy Jacks Restobar. LIMITED !

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Mikala

Mikala DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Nuclear Engineer
    Ratings:
    +144 / 3
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Stopped by Happy Jacks yesterday for lunch with the wife. Initially ordered the American burger, fries and lasagna, but was informed that the cook wasn't there yet, so I ordered the fish 'n chips. Waitresses were attentive and had no issues regarding the service. In fact, the service was so good that I slipped the waitress a tip when the wife wasn't looking. Food was quite good. Noise level (from the highway traffic) was not so good.

• Like Like x 1