Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Have to move to Cebu or Manila to eat healthy?

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by onlymichael, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Anna

Anna DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    They do too at times! :D

3. Anna

Anna DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    really? is that why my fiancee, in the middle of chat would say i have a headache love, i better rest. Well, i was only saying Lee Plaza is having a sale :wink:

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well judging from the posts here it seems that women are a significant source of these MSGs everyone is talking about as I tend to get headaches if I use in large portions. Or perhaps it is from switching brand names frequently. More scientific study is needed, will update.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, I don't need a study for that ... the answer is max 3 words:

They deserve it !

6. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I think Steve B's post may help you with your sceientific study:

Forty-four years after Dr Ho invented the Chinese Restaurant Syndrome and the MSG dilemma, the controversy continues but most, if not all governments, including the USA, continue to support its use. Also, it is found naturally in varying quantities in many of the foods that we eat.

Free glutamate content of foods (mg per 100g) roquefort cheese 1280
    parmesan cheese 1200
    soy sauce 1090
    walnuts 658
    fresh tomato juice 260
    grape juice 258
    peas 200
    mushrooms 180
    broccoli 176
    tomatoes 140
    mushrooms 140
    oysters 137
    corn 130
    potatoes 102
    chicken 44
    mackerel 36
    beef 33
    eggs 23
    human milk 22

Personally I think I will cut out "human milk". I know it is at the bottom on the list, but you have to start somewhere. After a few days of no human milk, I should have some scientific conclusions. Next I will try changing brands as I think this is a wise course of scientific study. If my gf does not kill me when I change brands I will post. Has anyone else changed brands for scientific study, and after being caught not suffered bodily harm? Getting caught my be more unhealthy than any MSG I get from human milk from the original brand.

7. Anna

Anna DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What i meant by the study is Men are more of a headache than women :smile:

8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've tried a multiple brands that had the milk option and was quite fond of it, depending on the diet of the woman, of course. However, I have not been able to find any of the brands including milk on the shelf for some time now and the headaches persist. I'm not so sure the milk is a factor to be considered. I think it might have something to do with the competitive nature of the brand names; they are very persistent to have a dedicated clientele. Once I found a brand that had no vocal (or hearing capabilities) but despite this feature, one that I thought was a sure fire win, the brand still found a way to display displeasure with my shopping habits. I look forward to finding one that cannot speak, hear or see as I think this would be the winning combination.

9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    MSG could be causing me headaches too.

I think if you can find that you have a winning combination if you can find the right brand. I used the brand that had no vocal ability once, but the problems was I could not tell where to return it when it spoiled. The problem I have is that most brands spoil so quickly.... Sometimes I hardly get them home and they are spoiled. Refrigerating the human milk source seems to "perk" up the flavor, but it still spoils so quickly. I guess it is just the climate here. Some of the brands seem to spoil slower if they are not the more expensive brands...which require so much more attention and care so as not to spoil. I find that the brands from Manila spoil the fastest, some before you even pick them up at your local street market. Other brands I have found to become spoiled when I wake up the next morning. I guess the answer is to consume the whole thing before going to sleep.

Although it has been only a few hours since I gave up human milk, I feel a headache and horniness coming on. This MSG thing may be bigger than I thought. I am not sure if the lack of MSG or the abundance of MSG is giving me the headaches. I think it depends on the source and the shape of the container that it comes in.

Since I believe that the Human Milk from Manila spoils so fast that many times it can become distasteful before you bring it home, then I guess Cebu is the place to go for healthy foods. I think that was the original question here: whether to go to Manila or Cebu for you health.

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No matter the brand, the best advice is to always try it before you buy it. If you need antibiotics after a sample it's time to move to the next. Regardless of MSG levels, a headache goes away 15 minutes after taking a Tylenol. The most common bacteria these brands carry here puts you out of commission for a week.