Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Have to move to Cebu or Manila to eat healthy?

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by onlymichael, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Newfie

Newfie DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Only Michael - I would have to assume that you have never shopped in the local tabo near Noph on wednesday or satruday. The food and vegetables are not only fresh but are very cheap. In regards to antioxidants, a 5 minute google search can show you many fruits and vegetables here in the Philippines that are as rich or richer than blueberries in antioxidants.

If you need a dietitian you can get a consult here for around 500 pesos or you can do some research on the local foods. There are even 4th year silliman students that do consults for free at the local hospitals.

If you have the will and are a little creative, you will find that it can be very affordable to eat healthy here. If you want, I can bring you to the tabo and offer you some advice.

Cheers

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Just started having a snack of less grease Happy peanuts, While crunching away I happened to look at the ingredients, yes MSG even on peanuts. If some say it really isn't bad, why will it kill a dog?
    I think I will stay with my favorite brand of human milk because the package is much easier and more fun to open...:D

3. Anna

Anna DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love all kinds of peanuts and i grew up eating garlic flavored Happy peanuts. I thought it was healthy at first and then i realized it isnt so now i buy the roasted peanuts in shells sold at Quezon park beside McDonalds, its only 10pesos/pack. Its healthy, crunchy, inexpensive and goes well with beer. In fact its beer time tomorrow so will buy some peanuts again and some Rago's pinsec frito. I am soo happy :smile:
    PS... no comment on human milk, i think peanuts are the best :smile:

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I had to look up this MSG thing everyone is talking about. What seems to be the problem with it? I didn't see any studies that were showing any adverse affects to people eating it. A lethal dose is 5 times more than table salt. 1 percent of the population might have an adverse affect to it.

Maybe ya'll were kidding about MSGs.

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I see now it has already been debated on the thread. I would say those claiming that MSGs have not participated in any scientific studies, perhaps there is something else in the foods they were eating that was causing the problems. Remember restless leg syndrome? How many people bought into that load? See it on tv and suddenly you have a disease or adverse reaction to something.

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Nope, not kidding!

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hmm, sounds like conspiracy theories to me, or people looking to blame their bad health on something other than an unhealthy lifestyle. I feel like sh*t everyday but it has nothing to do with MSGs, it all about BCWs for me.

8. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    nope not kidding 2, if i eat food laced with MSG the nect day is a real sh*t lol diarrhea

9. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Give 2 spoons of MSG to your dog, see what you will have to do in the morning, I hope you have a shovel.

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,796
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Expatron: give 2 spoons of chocolate to your dog and see what happens in the morning. Just because one species can't handle a certain thing doesn't mean others can't. Hardly scientific evidence if you ask me......and my dog shits enough on my electronic equipment, I don't need to give it a reason to do it more.