Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Have to move to Cebu or Manila to eat healthy?

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by onlymichael, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The bigger the dog the more chocolate it can consume. 100mg - 150mg of theobromine (the chemical in chocolate toxic to dogs) per 1kg of body weight is considered lethal to dogs. So a 20lbs dog can consume less than 20 grams of milk chocolate or 2 grams of bakers chocolate and probably be ok. Chocolates have different levels of the chemical so it also depends on what type of chocolate the dog is eating.

This is about the same level for a deadly dose of caffeine for humans but our higher body weight makes it less of a problem for us.

2. niskivich

niskivich DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was lucky to find "organic tomatos" few times in Lee Plaza.
    They were much better then the ordinary ones, though the skin was a bit strong, the taste was good and juicy.

By the way, can anyone pls recommend a place to buy good tea? By saying "tea" i don't mean Lipton, or anything like that in paper bags. I mean good leaf tea, green or black. Thx.

3. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Are you talking about teas like oolong tea? The ones that's not in tea bags? I doubt if you can get them in Duma though, I normally bring some over everytime I go for a holiday although you can go to a Chinese tea shop there's many around in Cebu but Dumaguete only offers tea in tea bags which I've never liked :-(

4. niskivich

niskivich DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanx, that's hiw I thought. :-(

5. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

There is a big chinese tea place in cebu specializing chinese herbs, medicines and teas. Thats where chinese people get their teas some are even imports, but the teas that your after i dont think you can find it in dumaguete. They only sell the ones in tea bags :-(. But cebu is not too far from dumaguete maybe when you get a chance to travel? But if you happen to find anything similar in dumaguete please let me know. :-). Thanks

6. niskivich

niskivich DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel like i'd better make an order via some of the internet shops. Hope the delivery service won't let us down. If sussceed i'll let you know.

7. OP
    OP
    onlymichael

onlymichael DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    well that's your opinion....

It was not until I started taking charge of my own medical treatment that I was able to get anything form "medical professionals" except removal of cash from my wallet. Like most professions there are very few really good doctors. I don't know about the Phil. yet, but if it's anything like the U.S. seeing doctors unless you are rich and famous and have cadillac insurance (such as senators) for anything that is not obvious and easily treatable is a waste of time and money. At least here you can be your own doctor, order your own tests and treat yourself, a much better system than USA. Since you're making false assumptions about me I guess I can conclude you are bigoted against foreigners? If you think you are so important that people are going to look up every acronym in your posts (not specifying the full name, I guess in this case is Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital, is a sign of poor English writing skills), it is you that is exercising a self-opinion of (unwarranted) great importance.

8. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If you are going to order from overseas make sure they will deliver either via forex or LBC because theyre so far the trusted ones. I have order some car accessories from thailand, unfortunately it didnt get there. The seller even blamed me for not telling that he should have used forex or LBC. Im a big tea drinker. What sort of tea do you drink?

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would be very cautious ordering food that can spoil that needs to be delivered from overseas. If you do try it I would suggest ordering a small/inexpensive amount as a test run. There are plenty of healthy foods you can get locally as well. Just need to do a bit of research.

10. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

His talking about tea leaves, they dont spoil.