Dumaguete Info Search

Finance & Legal Best Posts in Thread: Having a Will Made

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I had a 'Last Will and Testament' made. I went to the internet, I think it may have been the Philippines government website, and downloaded a version I could modify to my specifics. I then took it to the Dumaguete City Hall Legal Office. The city attorney wanted changes to it so they typed me up a new one with my details, notarized it, and I picked it up 3 hours later. I think it cost 1000p. Ironically, I had a stroke 3 weeks later.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,377 / 1,261
    Yes you can have a will prepared. My wife and I both had one done. The cost was 5K peso each.
    The lawyer I used was Atty Micheal Miguel. I had a couple of requirements about my continued use of our property in case my wife died before me as she has two kids with some rights to the property. What impressed me was his immediate answer to my question "I don't know, I'll have to look into that." He did find the right wording to do what I wanted.
    He is a stickler for details which is great.
    One time we were doing a "deed of donation" and my neighbor was to be a witness. Atty Miguel knows my neighbor very well yet still he insisted they attend his office to sign the document (as required by law) instead of me just bringing him the signed document to him.

• Like Like x 2