Dumaguete Info Search

having trouble securing land during covid due to govt regulations

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by yogavnture, Nov 26, 2021.

1. yogavnture

yogavnture DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    has anyone tried to secure land during covid. we have been dealing with govt (bir mostly ) on securing land we have bought and having a big difficulty as they keep changing the requirements. this is starting to cost alot of money . does not the phillipine govt want people to invest in phillipines????

2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Your question does not provide enough details for anybody to answer it.

Please list the requirements you have fulfilled so far.
    Please list the additional requirements wanted by the BIR.
    Did you use an attorney?

3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    If your a Foreigner you only would be paying for the land. You cannot own it. Have your Girl-Friend or Asawa sort it out. Go swimming or diving and get hammered on some Tanduay and don't worry about it. Join the Club..........your Member #11,001

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. dadof3at1ce

dadof3at1ce DI Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +111 / 11
    We purchased 500 sqm from my wife's mom and uncle in Dauin last year. Typical paperwork bullcrap that drew it out much longer than one would think, but it has pretty much always been like that. Having a good surveyor makes all the difference in the world. We go with LoFranco Surveys out of Dumaguete and they have never done us wrong. We have bought multiple parcels and it all went as smoothly as the process in the Philippines will allow.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It makes a big difference whether one buys land for which there's only a "mother title" available (in which case the ownership might even be contested), compared to a situation where there's a "clean title" without encumbrances.

6. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Leaving it to your girl friend or asawa to sort out could lead to disaster. Typically people here in the province are not savvy to the process of buying property. They can be easily scammed by someone selling them property that is not fully owned by the seller.

I met one seller that was selling the property based on the recent tax receipt. They were not the owner registered with the Land Registration Authority. They had simply started paying the tax bill and were pushing this as evidence that they owned the property.

Land scams are a sport here. Help your girl friend or asawa by giving them good leadership and advice. Use an attorney recommended here on DI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    One could also find an Asawa with more brains than most Foreigner's, hence my advice. If one Marries stupid than I would agree with you. In my case and many others, my Asawa is more savey than those of most professions.

True that many Marry a Filipina that expert at wearing a bikini and signing into Tik-tok, but mine lived in the 1st world for 30+ years and again in most cases one would find the Asawa is well suited. Let's not sell short those that have earned it and established that level of due-diligence in knowing how it rolls here and doing an outstanding job of protecting the Husbands interest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  8. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Stupid? Simply because a person does not know how to purchase property. Let's not judge as stupid those who lack experience buying property.

There is a difference between stupid and inexperienced. Many asawas at any age here do not have experience in purchasing property. It is simply beyond their financial status. Furthermore purchasing property here is not as organized as it is in first world countries. Things like title insurance and multiple listing services do not exist here. Many opportunities for scams and bad deals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    My wife just purchased 1.9 hectares of agricultural land in Tanjay and was told that it would take 6-8 months to get the title in her name. Using a real estate lawyer makes things much easier, but everything seems to take forever. One reason I let the wife deal with all that, no patience on my side.

Finding the land that met our needs took over 5 years though...

Shawn

• Informative Informative x 2