Dumaguete Info Search

Healthy discussion living as expats here

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by OzeMike, Dec 25, 2023.

1. OzeMike

OzeMike DI Forum Adept

Retired
    Ratings:
    +624 / 46
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It's good to see robust discussion again on the group. It would be a boring old world if we were all the same. Respect and politeness seem in short supply in this messed up world but I believe we need to personally hang on to these traits to stop us becoming completely unglued.

I don't write much as the older I get I realize the Philippines runs to the beat of its own cultural drum....nothing changes quickly here its the way the big families and companies want to keep it...with the support of the Catholic Church. It's all about family survival for the Filipinos which is why so many want to move overseas for the future opportunities it brings to the family.

As an expat of 20 years here, one lost house and 2 wives and one defacto wife later I made nearly every mistake in the ex-pat book lol but it has been a fantastic journey one I wouldn't have missed!

We privately and some publicly, moan about the frustrations of living here but the pluses out do the negatives for most of us...plus most have an amazing Filipina partner the very best thing the Philippines has to offer in my book.

We are all at different stages on our journey through life living here.

I wish each and ever member a Merry Christmas and hope 2024 brings good luck, health and happiness. Cheers!

• Like Like x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +765 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Well said. Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    Last 5 years have been the most laid back, problem free time of my entire life. Looking forward to the next 5 years and really do not care much about the negatives of living in the Philippines. I agree with other Members that state there is more positive aspects for being here! I have secured homes, property and relationships in various other ways than just paying for something and then just hope for the best outcome. I am sure I will even more so enjoy my final years here in retirement.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2