Dumaguete Info Search

hearing aids

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by liberty9133, Dec 29, 2019.

1. liberty9133

liberty9133 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    need audiologist and hearing aids. Cannot find in Dumaguete. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

2. Roadwitch80

Roadwitch80 DI Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 62
    Have you checked Berovan?

3. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Just off the cuff (no research), Silliman I think has a hearing center, maybe holy child.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    There was an American guy here a few years ago who started up a hearing business but finally moved to Bacolad. If I recall correctly, he was trying to solicit customers via the forum.

5. camote

camote DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
  6. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Yes go to the states. I have had several visits with the Manila Hearing aid people over the last 10 years (through the VA in Manila). My experience has been that the Philippines is 25 to 35 years behind in technology. I am planing to go to the US soon for my next set. The last time I was seen by the Manila Hearing aid people, that person flat out lied to me saying that no hearing aides can increasing just some frequencies that the entire frequency range has to be increased. I had frequency adjustable aides 15 years ago in Alaska. I personally would not wast my pesos on aides here in the PI.

My two pesos

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    There are hearing aids available on Lazada. Maybe you can save a lot of money by ordering a set to be delivered instead of traveling. Look at the reviews to determine the best one.

The frequency adjustable ones are more expensive and require that you send them an audiogram so that they can program it.

I have purchased 30 items on Lazada successfully.

8. OP
    OP
    liberty9133

liberty9133 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    yes and they do not carry them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    The VA is sending me to Active Hearing Center, Festival Mall, Muntinlupa (south of Manila) next week.

10. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    I have a VA hearing test scheduled for Jan. 16 in Michigan, U.S.A.. I wouldn't trust anyone in the Philippines for hearing or medical. The urologist at Holy Crap almost killed me. One of the best hospitals in the U.S. said had I arrived just 3-5 hours later than I did at the hospital they would have just sent me to the morgue. That's too close for comfort. That was 3.5 months ago and I am still being treated by the VA for the damage that so called Holy Child urologist Dr. A created. I may never recover fully. Watch yourself and get out of the Philippines if you need healthcare.

• Agree Agree x 2