Dumaguete Info Search

Hello from the US

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Outcast, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Outcast

Outcast DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +335 / 128
    I've been lurking a while, lived with my wife in daiun in 2014. I have a few years to go until retirement, but we plan on retiring in the Dumaguete area, and are just studying all the pros and cons. I'm a little concerned abut safety after reading of all the goings ons the last year or so. I guess that is to be expected of a growing city. anyway, helo!

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Welcome to the forum.....and I believe you are correct about the safety concerns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Outcast, I am retired and married and living near Dauin. We don't go to bars or stay out late at night and try not to do anything stupid and we have not had any problems in the six years we have lived here. Avoiding road rage and accidents are about the only areas we have to be cautious of here. So I would say it is not that much different than the USA with our lifestyle.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I agree with PatO. It all depends on what or how you plan to live. If you live a quiet life you will have few if any problems here. Most people who get into trouble in the PI are either in the wrong place at the wrong time or bring it upon themselves either from being a jerk or drunk or both usually... I've been living in PI for going on 19 years and never had any major difficulties.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1