Dumaguete Info Search

Helmets Law

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by sfgb35, Jul 29, 2012.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Let me assure you kit does work that way too, right after as I collided with a stump in a motorcross race and came to a dead stop, the motorcycle hit me and stopped too. Neither of us moved again for several minutes.

Larry

2. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would love that. Doesn't matter how many times I tell the wife the kids should wear seat belts. They don't give a d*mn, because accidents don't happen. Now, if it cost her some nice 1000p or so per kid, I'm sure she would mind.

3. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    You are right, accidents (crashes) don't happen. They are caused.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    View attachment 9056

Oh NO! not the flag again surely

:rolleyes: JP

Attached Files:

5. pkrbrad

pkrbrad DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    Are those Filipinos legal that are driving with their helmet hanging over their arm? :smile:

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Might be legal because their head is up where the sun don't shine. lol

7. joseph domaille

joseph domaille DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yep pat0 its called tunnel vision

8. OP
    OP
    sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it me, or since the Helmet law, does downtown at night time seem quieter ??? There wasn't the throngs of 5 on a bike familes outside Antong Kamalig, or Coco amgios this weekend . . . . . .
    I wonder if local businesses have noticed any decline . .My Gf refuses to wear her helmet so several times this week we jsut ate at home instead of going out. . . Of course the one size fits all, 650php pesos, ICC, can bend it in my hand Helmet shops . . . . . . They are booming !!!!

9. pkrbrad

pkrbrad DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    On this blog it says that EEC at DOT approved helmets could be worn even without the ICC/BPS sticker. Since I live in Bais and didn't communicate with anyone that told me they were going to Quit giving stickers out at the end of December I ended up without stickers. My helmets have the DOT approval from the US. I don't want to give up my good helmets for a junk helmet here.
    If anyone sees where this interview took place please post.
    thanks.

the link is below
    UPDATED List of Approved Motorcycle Protective Helmet | juntariman

DTI Usec Zenaida Maglaya said yesterday (Jan. 3, 2013) that enforcers will honor helmets bearing stickers of the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and the European Economic Community (EEC) even without the ICC/BPS sticker.

Maglaya said they will instruct enforcers to honor the helmets with DOT and EEC stickers since these are presumed compliant to the safety standards.

Several motorcycle owners who owned an imported helmet without the ICC/BPS stickers lamented why the brand of their helmets are not in the list even if it passed the standards in the U.S. and in Europe while there are cheaper helmets from China that are included in the list.

Maglaya made a clarification yesterday during a media interview.

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I dropped by the Spyder helmet shop at the mall yesterday. They are completely sold out of motorbike helmets (their helmets come with approved stickers) but say they will get a re-supply next week. They do have a few bicycle helmets.