Dumaguete Info Search

Helmets Law

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by sfgb35, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Shortage of helmets ?? HHHmmm. It's quite interesting that Mr. Ramos, a hard line supporter of the helmet law, should be moved so rapidly to Bohol. It's even more interesting that, according to the 13 January edition of the Negros Chronicle, there are unconfirmed reports that customs are not releasing a sea-van full of helmets, the consignment being addressed to a certain Mr. Ramos, although it is also unconfirmed as to which particular Mr. Ramos is the actual consignee.!!!

Source : Negros Chronicle dated 13 January 2013

2. pfotoguy

pfotoguy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Not sure one has to do with the other but on the way home to bacong from town the had a pnp check point set up about half way between town and bacong.

what was strange was there was about 10 trikes sitting in a row about 500 meters town side before the check point. after the check point again about 500 meters out there had to be 25-30 tykes parked on the side of the road waiting for the PNP to leave..

Just wondering if that has to due with the law that tykes arn't allowed on the HWY between Bacong and Dumaguete.

3. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Likely. Tricycles are not allowed on any highways. But, the Piston Party (the tricycle drivers own political party) is quite strong. There is no politician that dare to go against them.

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    They can not ban tricycles from the highway as long there is no alternative.
    If you arrive in the Ceres terminal with some luggage and you want to go to Bacong or Sibulan, you will not find a taxi.
    So what is the alternative?
    Besides of that, many of the tricycle drivers live in Bacong or other nearby towns.

5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +752 / 109
    Since the middle of December almost daily visited that shop only observing the same and hearing the answer next week/month etc. The particular model I like to buy not even on stock in their website shop which I did check lately. So for the time being bought 2 cheapies so that I can at least still drive around with the motorbike and when the law is still being enforced after a couple a month try my luck again for a Spyder helmet.

6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    We were stopped in that checkpoint, they just looked in car and glove compartment for guns,expect a lot more of this leading up to election!

7. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    According to a PNP representative that gave a radio interview this afternoon they are not supposed to look in your glove box or trunk. It is not a search, it is a visual inspection and you are to stay in the car. License and copy of registration only. Be sure they are in uniform, in a well lit area and at least 1 squad car on the checkpoint site. There are some who would put up fake checkpoints in order to steal from people unsure of the correct rules.

Scott

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Scott is correct, I received that same information from a very high up PNP official I know. He said to be polite and respectful and show your license and rego, if the rules are broken use use your cellphone and call the PNP on the spot.

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,586 / 1,017
    Past a Comelec checkpoint in front of Robinson's Mall around 11:15am this morning. Wasn't stopped, had helmet and shoes and jacket on. Of course there was a traffic jam, given the location.