Dumaguete Info Search

helmets soon ??

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by sntmig, Dec 28, 2012.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Ahh, so you're one of those that will not move to the right to let a motorcycle pass!

:wink:

larry

2. kiwiobob

kiwiobob DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I find the full face helmet helps keep the pollution out of my mouth, also flying insects, bugs and other debri out of my eyes, and provides a good wind break, which is really why I have been wearing one. As for the accidents caused by overtaking the correct ay, two things should be remembered. One - You can always overtake the incorrect way, on the inside, eg., the right hand side like all the other riders do, AND 2 -, just expect that everyone out there on the road, will definitely, without exception do the wrong and dangerous thing at anytime, .....................and expect it to happen and be ready for it.

3. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    That will be real fun, thousands of motorists in the city, all wearing a helmet for the first time in their life, on a motor without mirror.
    Real fun from a big distance.

4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Just remember there is an election in may!!!!! Lets just see......

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I also find that in addition to keeping bugs out of my mouth, it keeps sweat in my eyes, so I cannot see sh** after the first 5 minutes. Makes riding much more safe, thank you.

In the US I didn't mind wearing a full face helmet, it was preferable. Here, it is downright dangerous, at least for me.

Larry

6. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    this time local politic-heroes can blame Luzon, so it won't do damge for their campaign here.

It might cause a bit more confusion and adds a chapter to the polit-comedy. At the end, Chiquiting can feed the voters with all his catering outlets and will get re-elected, not much rocket science here

7. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    After 5 minutes I've seen enough anyway, wouldn't be able to watch that much longer... off to buy a full-face helmet. thanks for the advice...

8. blodgee

blodgee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of the things I liked about the Philippines was the choice to wear a helmet or not.
    Even the USA has many States that still give the rider the choice.
    I think a better result to reduce accidents and injuries could bachieveded by teaching drivers how to drive following some basic rules of the road.

9. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    they do follow the basic road rules. We are in Asia, so look at India, Thailand, China, Vietnam, etc.

Not saying it is good, but are the basic rules made by a few western countries or by billions of drivers in the rest of the world (no matter which vehicle)

10. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    Only liability for you hit...

I have come to the conclusion after driving here for over a year, that the local drivers (trike drivers) are only concerned about what is directly in front of them, not what is behind them, or beside them. If you notice how drivers pull out in front of others (or make a U-turn) then you realize that the concept that the person who hits another, not matter how asinine a move the other has just made is still at fault has gone too far....well in a civilized country it would be too far... here it is just more fun O-|.....