Dumaguete Info Search

Help needed for the Wife of American murdered during burglary

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by oztony, Jun 28, 2016.

1. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    Howdy lads , sorry have not dropped in for awhile , maybe Dustin or JP can locate this where it needs to be ,
    Ned / Irenicus posted in Linc a thread about an American guy murdered this morning in Dauin ,
    His wife is disabled and they need some help if anyone is local and able to ,
    There is a thread on the Cebu forum , limited information , Ned did know the guy reasonably well but the name is with held until they are sure all family has been notified ,
    I think the wife needs a lift somewhere , maybe just into Duma.

Regards Tony.... PS Ned needs help to reset his password so you can get it from the horses mouth.American murdered in Dauin - Help Needed - Living in the Philippines

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  2. Irenicus

Irenicus DI Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 7
    Thanks, Tony.

If anyone is willing to help out, please PM me. I will send you the contact number from there.

They are looking for a reliable (as in honest) car rental to help with her transportation until this ordeal is over.

I will kick in myself for the cost - just need good transport referral.

Thanks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. KINGCOLE

KINGCOLE DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +984 / 443
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I don't wish to mention names, but the deceased and his wife are good friends of ours, and were the most inoffensive and kind couple you could hope to meet. She is a member of the Expat Ladies Friday Group and I'm sure they will be getting in touch with her tomorrow. I would like to comment further, but I think it is too soon after the tragic event to air our views.

PS : The lady is wheelchair bound, so the vehicle will need enough space to carry her wheelchair.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Paul

Paul DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Not the same Dumaguete I lived in, for sure.

5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    It was Dauin wasn't it? I don't see the point of blaming crimes from a town 30km away on Dumaguete. At least not until you have positive information that the perpetrator was from Dumaguete.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not to mention one incident, no matter how tragic, does not make a trend or reflect on a city as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Unfortunately, all my rides are motorcycles. Condolences to his wife and friends. I hope the police can find the guy(s) responsible.

Note: Let's not turn this thread into a debate about safety/crime/culture/whatever in Dumaguete or the surrounding areas. Please start another thread in the appropriate forum to carry on with that conversation. The focus should be:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Tony, hope you are doing well. I am unable to offer assistance given my own situation.
    A very sad situation. May he rest in peace and his wife find strength to get through this. It sounds like there are folks to help her out.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Hi Tony, how are you. Dustin has Replied so I think all will be done that can on DI
    Sad Case Indeed and one that can only give us another Heads up on things, Thank you for Informing us.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ralf from La Fiesta Garden Inn has volunteered to drive.

American murdered in Dauin - Help Needed - LinC Forums

• Like Like x 5