Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Help needed for the Wife of American murdered during burglary

1. Paul

Paul DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +57 / 12
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Irene, you are a righteous dude.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Kym

Kym DI Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 1
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Just heard this terrible news. I met this couple a few times and chatted to both of them - always at music gigs. Lovely gentle people - I am horrified and sickened by this news.. RIP

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. AsColdAsIce

AsColdAsIce DI Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I was wondering the same,its been a year and 8months now and i dont have any update about what really had happened and how is Sue now. I really hope that justice was served. I still feel sad whenever i remember them. Both are good friend of ours

• Like Like x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    I heard a tid bit the other day that the NBI is seeking the extradition of the wife and the couple who were visiting them from Bohol. Maybe here say but interesting. They all left here pretty quick.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The things I have heard about this case from someone I do not personally know, but known well the group we were in he was talking to would completely support this statement. Since I do not know the people involved, nor the reliability of the source of the information (could be anywhere from 0% to 100% factual. I need to investigate the source's reliability more) I think it is best I do not repeat it here as it would certainly, as mentioned above, shock people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. gerry_bc

gerry_bc DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +608 / 34
    I doubt Dave if we will see this one disappear. Some very capable and serious forensic experts from Manila (there are some in this country) are looking at a lot of evidence right now. Property crimes are crimes of opportunity, give a burglar the opportunity and he/they will accommodate you by stealing from you. Stabbing someone over 20 times is personal, interesting to see how this plays out.... I think a lot of people will be in shock imho.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    I heard of this tragic incident only a couple of nights ago, very very sad
    My condolences to his wife and family

I do hope the perpetrators are caught and given some Du30 justice

Rip

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. AsColdAsIce

AsColdAsIce DI Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 4
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    hh
    hi i wanted to know how is Susan nw, they r good friend of ours. we met them 2 months ago, he used to go swiming and my husband had introduced me to them. we had dinner together about a month ago and talked several times. they r realy nice couple and i was shocked to hear ths tragic incident. i couldnt even believe it and i wisg' justice wil be served soon but im bothered since i learned ths im worried about my friend Susan,she is disabled,and realy needed help and assistance. we wanted to visit her and knw how thngs goes wth her. bt i dnt have any contact ,cant reach her out. can u give me any info please. ?im so worried,i feel bad for what had hapend. its realy painful to loose a dear frend

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Unsure why we seem to gone off track here, this is a thread about a nice, older, retired, American bloke who received 29 stab wounds from 'ice pick type' weapons, from possibly 3 assailants, as the story goes. The 'warden' of US embassy, who lives in Dauin, 14 kms from Dumaguete, might possibly be able to elaborate further.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Munich-Couple

Munich-Couple DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    We are so shocked.....horrible news..... I think, to get these guys , you probably have to expose a reward.

There are no words for this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1