Dumaguete Info Search

Help - Possible Custody Dispute, Advice Please

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by fordtech, May 8, 2012.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I think hiring a lawyer is a wise decision, however, under the Philippine constitution an alien cannot practice law here. Perhaps he is a dual citizen, or jumped through the hoops to gain Philippine citizenship?

Larry

2. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    Be careful my fellow Ausie, if your wife makes a claim of crimes against women then you are automatically arrested then have to apply for bail of P120.000 or wait in jail for 2 or 3 months for the hearing. Being verbal abuse no financial support mental cruelty, all which can only be just an accusation, then you can’t leave the phils for at least 3 months until the hearing is over or you will be arrested at the airport.

3. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    What has proof got to do with anything ?? Just recently, at an on-going televised soap opera "hearing", a demand was made to "prove your innocence", contrary to all legal procedure in the rest of the free world, where innocence does not have to be proved. It is the obligation of the prosecution to prove guilt. So the fact that she has no proof would hardly bother her legal team, often an unproven allegation is enough. Your buddy is entering a legal minefield wearing a blindfold.

4. luvdox

luvdox DI Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 3
    A friend did just that... took the kids out for "shopping" but went straight to the airport with plane tickets and all.... even the kids did not know where they're going.... kids seem to enjoy the U.S. Just worried about what the kid would feel though....

5. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ====> I super love and like this IDEA...sometimes we need to do something beyond us to make the situation be better for everyone.
    Good luck! :smile: Don't forget to claim a new passport of your child.reason: It got lost. And don't wait for hrs at the airport for your flight. Take the earliest flight going anywhere outside Philippines. Singapore and Malaysia got constant flight...from there get a flight to AUS. Don't wait too long at the airport...people at the airport here in PI can easily be bribe just to enter to the waiting area. I've done that a lot of times, when I fetch somebody and I'm eager to go inside.