Dumaguete Info Search

Passports Her Majesty's Passport Office

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Rye83, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Passport renewal delays causing expat headaches - Telegraph

"Passports take about three weeks to be processed for those living in the UK. Passport renewals used to take around four weeks for those living overseas, but new advice states that for overseas applicants the wait is now at least six weeks and first-time applications can take eight weeks or more."

2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    At the start of the holiday season it can take a lot longer in Uk and if you want to travel you must have at least six months left before your passport expires..

3. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    You will not get in but you should get out. ( Back to the UK )

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    The World has gone mad. Official!

This of course can and no Doubt will, be a problem for extensions. If we have not got a 6 month extension and are still bi monthly, I can't see BOI accepting the excuse, Ah Sir! my Passport is in the UK. anything over six weeks processing will be a disaster, I can smell it.

Then we have the Problem of No Passport if required by an Agency here, given that they say our ACR cards are not proof enough for Identity Purposes.

They say the world is moving forward :confused: Yeah! Still one step forward and 3 backwards. the Board game of "Snakes and ladders" comes to mind

JP

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Your embassy should give you a temporary passport or official receipt showing that you are waiting for it to be renewed.

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    UK Embassy HUH! it's a boys club now!

Can you honestly see BOI accepting that, you know we have to show all extensions each time?

Having said that, we now have to send our passports for renewal Direct to the UK. Manila nor HK Embassy's will NOT deal with Passports issues. So it is even a wait for any communication from the UK.

No it is going to be a total Disaster. O-|

7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Odd how they can change the rules to suit them selves!

I contacted the UK Embassy earlier this Morning, seems that we can do something about the long wait and the Embassy should/will help (Not what we were told before but there you go)

My contact there sent me this link for those that may need help.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...ionals-who-need-a-new-or-replacement-passport

Roger ( broadside) is our Embassy warden and would normally deal with this but of course he is not around just now.
    If anyone needs his Number PM me!

JP

8. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    I know an Australian guy that had his passport stolen, Bi penalized him for not processing his visa extensions, even when he had gone to them and explained what had happened, and he was waiting for a replacement passport. no tempory passport given.

9. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    I will have the same issues when renewing my AU p/port I guess seeing it is the same embassy as UK . Canada and AU

10. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    I wonder if he kept a photo copy if it would have made a difference ? A new one is going to cost a bit , they don't like it when passports go missing .