Dumaguete Info Search

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Daryl, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Welcome aboard the Forum. Been living nearly 4 years in the Phils and loving it.

2. OP
    OP
    Daryl

Daryl DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Wish you all the best, you have found your paradise :smile:

Thank you for the welcome. Nice to hear from people enjoying the place they chose.

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Daryl, welcome to a poor man's version of paradise. You can become informative by reading many of the helpful posts on this forum. Enjoy

4. OP
    OP
    Daryl

Daryl DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Thanks Pat, I will definitely go through a lot of posts.

5. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Fully agree with that.

Despite the fact that many things have changed during the last 2 years or so, this forum still is a great source of knowledge and shared experiences. Very helpful for all kind if people regardless you intend to prepare a vacation or you are living here already.

So studieing this forum is fine.
    But at the end of the day you have to come over and gain your own impressions and experiences. All I can recommend is to come to Dumaguete and give yourself a decent amount of time before you make any decision. Travelling around and see other places I would recommend as well.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Thailand local food is better. Philippines English speaking better. As for who has the best ladies, one man's passion is another man's poison. Been married to both, Philippines easy winner for me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    Yes, Thai local food is better. No doubt about it. Especially street food.

Local food in the Philippines can be fine if you prepare it by yourself. They are blessed with fine vegetables and fish. Pork, chicken and beef is ok. Basically they got everything you need for a healthy and tasty nutrition. I am personally buying my stuff on the market and I am very fine with that.

Street food in the Philippines I try to avoid as well as Jollibee or similar places.

Anyhow, we got a few restaurants where you can have nice food if you don’t like to cook every day. Due to the large expat community you can find typical dishes from various countries.

I am not suffering here. Having decent food is one of the smallest problems we got.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Daryl

Daryl DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Thanks, this is exactly what I am thinking.

Thai food is better than food I have had in Philippines but my thoughts are that the food in Vietnam is the best and healthiest. I would never eat thai if I had access to Vietnamese food.

Definitely one of the reasons I became interested in Dumaguete

• Like Like x 2
  9. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Farcebook has different uses in diff places. I joined in the states about 2012, then deleted a year later, useless.
    When i arrived here, i found most friends/ acquaintances, both local and ex-pats, were on the (yuck) site, MANY businesses are ONLY on FB (don't want to pay for a site), so i started to sign up again, years after the 1st:
    Farcebook: "oh, Hi Edward, would you like to re-open the account you thought you deleted years ago ?" Now THAT fu**n freaked me out... Plus a friend who refuses to sign up, uses my signon to check menus, hours locations of businesses... Plus the "group" mentioned above has good info, like this site.... We're 78/68, totally signed on for the duration in Dumaguete, and enjoying it, well, more than anywhere else.

• Like Like x 4