Dumaguete Info Search

Holy Week get-away

Discussion in 'Other Destinations in the Philippines' started by Rye83, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    For the upcoming Holy Week, everyone in Manila will be in a mad rush to leave the city for a few days of rest, relaxation, and reflection. Don’t know where you should go? We’ve picked a road trip destination for every interest. So if you’re into nature, feel like going for a hardcore hike, or just feel like chilling on the beach or going on a food trip, we’ve got you covered. Read on for the best road trip hotspots for Holy Week in Luzon:

Read more: Road Trip Hotspots For Holy Week - Yahoo News Philippines

Naga City (Camarines Sur), Mt. Pinatubo and Liwa-Liwa (Zambales) are all great stops IMO.....though a bit far for anyone in Dumaguete.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    That is a great reference for travel . I would appy it for other weekend trips for those of us that are not burdened with a weekly work schedule then it is probably a lot more fun to travel the week after holy week, and enjoy less traffic, lines and chaos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    :smile:I Don't know about anyone else but After years at Home in the UK as a Kid, I learned Home is the Best place on these long Weekends, a few beers good friends feet up and some laughs, way back in the 60's and 70's, Every one else had the same idea, lets go to So and So OR There no maybe here (pointing at a map)
    With not so many Motorways ( Freeways) traffic was slow and many times one little accident or breakdown could mean 2 or 3 hours of bumber to bumber crawling.
    It took so long to get anywhere that by the time you did, (Unless you were stopping over) it was time to go home.

So when I drove myself, I never Bothered, "Change is as Good as a rest" get some friends in, make that hamper and Chill the Beer or whatever and Spread the blankets on the lawn and have some Fun, (cards or a board game) let the rest do the hard time of Traveling.
    Works for me:wink:

JP :bag: :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1