Dumaguete Info Search

Home Antigen Covid Test

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Chief, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    There is (as usual) conflicting info out there. The official Phils Tourism website gives no info on what to do if you do not meet the vaccination requirements. Other fairly recent material still suggests that an antigen test taken no more than 24 hours prior to arrival is OK (excluding any layover times). Other material states that an antigen test is required to be administered by a certified laboratory or provider. This was not the case when I travelled in and I administered three antigen tests myself in the departure country and obtained negative results certificates from the kit provider by sending pictures of the results to them. This was accepted without question on arrival in NAIA. After all, how do they know where the test was taken?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Guess your kit-provider is Laboratory based! If not..... a customs Officer assumed it! Glad yah made it in and thanks for the information. It is not black and white across the board. The rules and regs are changing so frequently that (one post can be in-accurate by a tomorrow) https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1169569

So............ Entering or exiting (for information purposes) a Traveler should always search the Internet for last 7 days as a filter. May be surprised what pops up! Thanks again for the information Mike,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    I wouldn't take any risk. Why should I ?

Entry in the Philippines is possible, and easy provided you got at least one booster shot and have your QR code from OHP in place. In this case you are not requested to show any test result.
    My immigration a few weeks ago took me not more than 4 minutes. All I had to do is to show the bloody QR code and everything worked out smoothly.

In case you got no booster shot but 2 vaccinations you can still enter the Philippines but additionally you have to provide a PCR Test not older than 24 hours prior to departure from your home home country. It's still easy.

If you got less than 2 shots you cannot enter the Philippines.

According to my information and to the information I received from airline and embassy test made by yourself are not accepted. Means you cannot enter the Philippines in case you got 2 shots only.

Rules and regulations might change by the day but above immigration procedure are valid at least since July 2022 and as far as I know till today.

Of course it depends where are you coming from and whether your country is on the list of risk countries yes or no.

Summarized I can say immigration is no problem at all provided you are following the rules.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    Sorry to be a bit nit-picky, but two things I would say:

1. I believe it's 48 hours before for a PCR test and 24 hours before for antigen. This was the case when I entered.

2. It would be impossible for anyone at the airport in Philippines to know where the antigen test was undertaken, provided that there is a certificate of negative result issued. Again the case when I entered.

5. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Member

Ratings:
    +428 / 12
    I agree.
    48 hours for PCR test and 24 hours for antigen test.