Dumaguete Info Search

Honda Car Dealer

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by reedee, Sep 18, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Honda car dealer

Thanks!! I wonder if this is where Raymond is from that Kewl provided info for. We talked to Raymond, but we have a car we want to trade-in and they don't take trade-ins. Anyway, when we are out car shopping we will swing by Jerrell's and see if they can help!! Thanks again!!

2. flobenz

flobenz DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Aw, maybe it is the same person. I know the name of the owner of Jerrell is Rae. But yeah, it wouldn't hurt to check it out!

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :smile:Hi flobenz, Seems I may have been right about this dealer then, I thought I was seeing things when the others said there was not a Honda dealer in Dgte. Maybe I am not going mad after all. :D

Jack P. :smile:

4. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Rae

Yeah, I bet Rae=Raymond. But, we will check it out anyhoo!!

5. schumi

schumi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I didn't know Jerrell now deals with Honda too. The way Jerrell runs their dealership is through a "penpal" system. they show you a brochure..you pick the car and options that you want and then they order it for you or check availability mostly in cebu (you can do that yourself online). It's very rare for them to have any stock..except for the venerable crosswinds. If I was gonna buy a brand new car..I would test the very unit I'm getting.

6. flobenz

flobenz DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Jerrell started dealing Honda when the other Isuzu dealer opened (in Claytown). True that tho, most of the time they only have one stock. A few months ago I knew they had a Honda City on stock, but that was it. We did get an Isuzu Sportivo from them a couple of years back and they've become acquaintances, so I do know they're nice and helpful people. :D

7. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Me too, I would definitely not buy a car without test-driving it first!!

8. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Almost started a new thread on this topic. I love my Honda Fit (aka Jazz) here in New York City, and when I retire to Dumaguete in a few years I expect that I will be ready for a new one. Do the ferries there carry cars? Could I purchase a new Honda Jazz in Cebu (after a test drive,) then bring it "home" to Dumaguete by ferry? How does the price of new cars compare to other places...especially the US? A new Honda Fit (Jazz) in New York is going for about US$ 20,000...will that translate to about PHP 840,000 in Cebu?

(Can't wait to move there....car or not!)

9. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Got a last year's price list @ the Honda dealer of Cebu which indicates: 803.000 for the 1.3S MT, 844.000 for the 1.3S AT and 906.000 for the 1.5V AT.

10. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thanks, RR! Sounds like the prices are almost a direct exchange rate to the dollar.

Do the ferries transport cars? Haven't had the adventure of taking a ferry in the PI yet.

NYC