Dumaguete Info Search

Hospitals in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Ozzyguy, Jan 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Well, people who claim to have great deal of knowledge may or may not be who they claim to be. There is a huge difference between a University educated Doctor of Medicine and a medical technologist other hospital employee who may even work in the office and may not even hold a Bachelor's degree in Science credential in some filed related to medical care. On poster made a statement that "makes me wonder" when he made the blanket statement that antibiotics were problematic due to "overuse". Actually, it is not "overuse", the problem is that the treatment is not continued for the whole term, thus killing the weaker bacteria but allowing the stronger bacteria to survive and begin to multiply resulting in a stronger strain that becomes immune to the antibiotic. If anything, that would describe under-use rather than over-use; it describes people who discontinue the treatment after they "feel" better rather the continuing the dosage to completion as per medical advise.

Personally I am a bit embarrassed when a Westerner on this forum treats a Filipina teacher on this forum with condescending language...I would like to say "sorry not all Westerners are like that"... but then again intelligent people do tend to consider the source.

djfinn6230
    This message by djfinn6230 has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  2. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Okay ..I do not think she was being "condescended to" and you seem to be "over reacting" and impugning ones past professional experience without proof is not pleasant for the rest of us to read....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Good that you can “speak for the rest of us”. As for me, I was only speaking for myself. LOL.

If you don’t like what I write, the forum provides an “ignore” option and I suggest you use it as I have recently begun to do.

Thank you for the comic relief this morning. Time to add another to my ignore list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djfinn6230
    This message by djfinn6230 has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thread locked. Pointless bickering, off topic, personal attacks, panties getting twisted, misuse of the post rating system. This should stop. I'll give the user causing most of these problems one last chance to fix this behavior before warning points are issued.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.